when you post anonymously

do you do it cuz you dont want to hurt someone you know on here feelings or cuz you are scared of the responses just so you know its cuz i am a little scared of the people around here they can be a little mean

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I do it because I can and really nobody needs to know who I am or what my screen name is-I don't need to get credit for best answer lol. I don't care if somebody is mean to me, though. They can still be mean even when I'm anonymous.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I never post anonymously, I don't think much of the idea. I know people can be mean sometimes, but, in my experience the worst ones are generally those who do post anonymously. If you post in a public forum (which this is) , you need to expect that some nasty people will bounce on you. You just have to develop a thick skin and ignore the mean-spirited people.
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 1:54 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I post anon because I guess Im a little paranoid about mean people too. There are some folks on here who scare me a little.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I only do if I'm saying something embarrassing and only because I was dumb and made my screen name my real name! LOL It was not a good idea!
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 2:16 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I have only posted anon when answering a sex question. Other than that I give my true answer with my true identity. If someone attacks me as anon or as Bellarose I don't really see the difference. Sometimes I am confused by anons who post anon on questions that are completely non-contraversial. Like how many kids do you have and they have to post anon to answer 2? It's weird.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 2:41 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• If I have a question I am embarrassed of or if I think it's a touchy subject I'll post anonymously. Some times I get paranoid that some thing I vent about will get back to family members I don't want to know!
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 2:55 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• It's only the internet honey. Who the fu#$ cares what internet drama queens have to say? There's a block feature if they harass you.
    SinaiJ

Answer by SinaiJ at 3:27 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I do it because I can.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:17 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• - to give an honest answer without fear of repercusion
    - to say something without it being linked to your screen name, thereby possibly saving face or embarassment
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:11 AM on Sep. 14, 2010