Normal mom feelings or over-emotional breakdown?

My son turned 6months old today, & cut his very first tooth too. All on the same day. He recently started sitting completely independantly as well...& I sat him down on the ground in front of me, looked at him, & had the strongest emotions ever! I sat there looking at him, him looking at me, & I cried. Here is my little baby, who on & off I've had a hard time bonding with since he was born due to PPD, & he's sitting there by himself a half a year old with a tooth! It was the most over-whelming feeling ever! Is this a normal feeling for a new mom, or is this an over-emotional breakdown of some sort??

WannabeMommy87

Asked by WannabeMommy87 at 2:26 AM on Apr. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• Normal normal normal...and it means your bonding is PERFECT. You can forget about the trouble. You will have this happen over and over again through the years, till the day you die...because you will be bonding until then

Answer by gdiamante at 2:35 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• It's normal and it doesn't go away. There will be plenty more times when you look at your child and cry with amazing joy. :)

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 2:32 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Normal!!
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 2:36 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Normal! It is perfectly within reason to get emotional at any time your baby reaches a milestone! I suffered from PPD with two of my three boys. This time I didn't thank goodness, and I've cried more at the normal stuff than before!
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 2:48 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• normal :( but hey one cool thing is he is still a baby..guess what? mine isnt :( when your kid is about 22 months then you will know you no longer have a baby
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 3:03 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• You're overjoyed. Don't worry about it :) It's a good thing. It shows how much you care for him :)
    SinaiJ

Answer by SinaiJ at 3:16 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Wow. Thanks everyone, you guys have definitely helped me in more ways than just answering my question but helping me feel better about my love for my baby as well. I guess it being new I just got worried, as per normal for me, but the reassurance has definitely helped & made me feel so much better!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 3:23 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• It may seem like too much because you haven't bonded with him but it's absolutely normal! It gets better when you feel like that EVERY day! This is the light at the end of the tunnel for you. THIS is you emotionally bonding with your son. CONGRATS!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:51 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Its normal mom. Congrats on your son turning 6 months. I can tell you my oldest will be 8 in June and I cry when I think about it. What happened to my little man that laughed at the sight of a lady bug? Or the little guy who thought mommys squeaky voice was funny?...Instead I have a little MAN here who thinks lady bugs are wierd and think i'm wierder for making voices. LOL

You ARE bonding! You have that connection and you look at this baby who grew so quickly and you wonder where the time went. Smile, and enjoy watching him.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 5:40 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Normal....omg its so normal! Seriously I have never experienced such intense emotions towards anyone until my son was born. I can get into full on panics if I think hes seriously hurt himself or something happens too. That mother/child bond is intense.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 8:10 AM on Apr. 16, 2010