do you feel different before your water breaks?

Im not sure I could just be loosing my mind but I am 39 weeks and 4 days and I just lost the rest of my plug about 45 mins ago and after that I had a really bad case of the butterflies and a sense of excitment. I am not sure,this is my first baby and I was just wondering if it could be or if my hormones and emotions are just running wild. Can someone please help me. Thanks

Ctanner09

Asked by Ctanner09 at 2:44 AM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you don't feel your water break, you just feel the hot fluid gush down your legs, kind of like a waterfall, you feel it coming
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• sorry, you DON'T feel it coming*
    Anonymous

• Thank yall I did not think so. It just must be me gettin excited since he is gonna be here so soon.
    Ctanner09

Answer by Ctanner09 at 2:56 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• you're welcome and congrats momma
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:01 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Yep, probably just excitment. If I remember right, I didn't know my water was about to break and since I had a small leak, at first I thought I just had an "accident".
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 7:41 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• ....Remember, the majority of the time, your water will break after labor begins, so lots of women feel quite different before, as in they are in active labor ;) my water happened to break before active labor began, but i felt crampy for 12 hours or so beforehand.

good luck! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• 80% of woman are already in labor when their water breaks so sure you feel different... you are experiencing contractions! As for losing the "rest" of your plug... you will lose your plug all the way to delivery. The more you dilate, the more plug you lose
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:35 AM on Apr. 16, 2010