So how do YOU feel the economy is going?

I think it is getting much worse. But hey, that is just me. Been off work for a year and a half and making good use of my food storage. So has this economical "turnaround" made YOUR life any better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Surprisingly enough, it has been a blessing for us. I mean, our retirement accounts and savings account aren't making any money of course, but financially we are doing really well. The downside to this is a lot of people lost their jobs and my husband gained them. He gets a bigger salary and a much heavier work load, but the company saves millions a year by cutting those other people;( It really is bittersweet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:50 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I haven't seen it getting better. My DH is getting laid off soon and there are no jobs here. I don't know what we'll do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:00 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I am just happy my fiance is a job magician and can do anything he puts his mind to or we'd be screwed. The economy is total SH!&.
    SinaiJ

Answer by SinaiJ at 3:17 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• It's looking pretty bleak. Even the liberal hero George Soros is now warning of a market crash.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:53 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Foreclosures are at their highest rate in 4 YEARS... We are preparing to make a huge military move and we have rented our house out instead of selling it because of the real estate conditions in our area. It's a bigger gamble, but hopefully it will pay off in the end.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:21 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Foreclosures are at their highest rate in 4 YEARS...

Actually 5 years.. pardon me
    grlygrlz2

• Right now we are in an economic bubble; in three months things will be much worse than they were three months ago (gas approaching $4.50 a gallon, etc.).

Answer by rkoloms at 8:20 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Anyone see ben burnake say that we will be bankrupt in a few years? Like 2012 if we do not cut some programs. Problem is govy doesn't want to cut anything. We are in the crapper.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 8:33 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Oh btw I predicted the mortage crisis that is to happen this summer and is starting now in Feb.
    Ibelongtojesus

• Problem is govy doesn't want to cut anything.

The current Politicians in control are ADDING programs.... Pathetic.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:43 AM on Apr. 16, 2010