American Automakers~Rated Worst made autos on the road.

FORBES: Four of the seven vehicles on our list of the worst-made cars on the road come from GM brands. And all of the cars on the list — including Chrysler's Dodge Nitro and Jeep Wrangler — are made by Detroit's Big Three. Only one car on the list is made by Ford Motor.

Those studies are all from Consumer Reports: The Most Reliable Cars Report; Best and Worst Values Report; Best and Worst Safety Performance Survey; and the CR overall scores for 2010 vehicles.
~~~
Do you think there is a correlation of poorly made/undependable automobiles and that most are UAW built vehicles? Poor craftsmenship?
Would you relate the safety issues to design flaws?
In your opinion(as a consumer and partial owner of 2 of the big 3)~What should they do to produce a better vehicle?

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 7:22 AM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• This is what happens when govy takes over the co. know they can get away with it because who is goign to hold them accountable? I know most of them had problems before know but never on this scale. And are they getting fined and having a review like Toyota? NO. Double standard.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 8:31 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• : /

I could've told you that.

We prefer foreign cars. Right now we have a Nissan. Most American cars are considered a joke in enthusiast circles. Just watch Top Gear, they talk shit about American cars all the time.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:21 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• The vehicles that made the list for GM made it for a reason - they're not actually made by GM. The Aveo is made in Korea, and the Colorado and Canyon are made by Isuzu - marketed by GM.
    That who article is basically saying, "Don't buy American. Buy an import."
    Nobody wants to buy American anymore. Why shouldn't we, as consumers, pump money into our OWN country?
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 9:32 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Who didn't know that!

My personal favorite!

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 9:51 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• i believe that unions have outlasted their usefulness. i think they were best when fighting for children's rights in the factories. today it seems as though they support doing less quality for more money. if in fact vehicles made by unionized factories are of lower quality, then this has nothing to do with the government's involvement with the auto companies. but it should be investigated!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:58 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I could've told you that years ago. It's nothing new. My husband will only buy American made cars, and I've only ever had foreign. Thinking back, other than oil changes and windshield wiper changes and things of that nature, nothing has ever been done on my cars - there was no need. But his cars? New clutches, wheel bearings, steering column, etc. We might could've bought a new car with the money we spent on repairs for his.

I guess there was once a time when cars were made better. We have a 70s model Jeep that we use to scoot around the woods in, and that thing will withstand ANYTHING.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:16 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• We have always bought Ford cars never had any trouble with them. My husbands Focus is 10 years old still running perfectly. We take very good care of our vehicles and they do tend to last. My friends have a Toyota Tundra it is only 18 months old he had to use the Lemon Law on it and now is buying a Ford F150. The breaks stuck one time and he hit a car. The last 6 months the car just died while commuting home from work. He drives in Los Angeles traffic so that is a problem when he blocks traffic 8 times in 6 months. Toyota sent him a letter stating he was trying to profit off their recent troubles and said they would not service the truck anymore so he had to get an attorney to deal with this and get a vehicle that works. All car manufacturers are capable of producing crap.

momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 10:51 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Is there a correlation between this and the UAW? I can't say, but I will say that it should be looked at. The UAW hasn't done a whole lot beyond getting more and more benefits for the autoworker. But then, I am of the opinion that ALL unions probably need to be disbanded. I have only owned American made cars. On the whole, I've had no major problems with any car that I have owned.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:02 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Duh. We've never had problems with any of our foreign cars, but the American ones are a completely different story. We are looking into a Subaru this time around, but thankfully they aren't one of the big American companies, so they can actually make a decent car.
    hannah_belle

Answer by hannah_belle at 12:17 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Why do you think the foreign cars sell so well? My parents were all about buying American until the quality started dwindling. At almost 40 years old I've owned 3 cars including the one I am driving. Honda CIvic, Toyota Corolla, Toyota Sienna. The Corolla I drove for 16 years. If it hadn't been totalled in an accident last year I'd still be driving it.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 1:06 PM on Apr. 16, 2010