Is it better to be illegal in this country then it is to be an citizen?

My ten year old asked me this question and honestly i didn't know how to respond. Maybe someone can help me out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 AM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I can honestly say I'm happy to be an american.Tell your child they should be too.Their are young men & women over fighting for us, tell your kids that, my neighbors son just past away & the awnser is her son wouldn't have wanted to go any other way.If you want to feel what it's like to be an alien go on over their , you'll beg an amercan to save your life & guess what they will!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:04 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Tell him the answer to his question is no!

Answer by older at 8:27 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• No. When you're illegal, you live in fear that you'll be found out at any time. If you don't have the funds or the means to apply for residency or citizenship, you're pretty much screwed. It's like being stuck in limbo forever. You can't vote, you can't work unless you use a fake SSN, you can't get a driver's license...there are so many things you just can't do when you're illegal.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:18 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• LOL! I think it's a funny question.

Where did he come up with that? The things kids say.....got to love them!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:19 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I would personally say no. Think about it, the next time you or someone in your family gets pulled over for something small like speeding, are you concerned that you will be deported? Are you pleased with your right to vote? Illegals are concerned about deportation and I imagine that they wished that they had a say in things by voting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Well, I am proud to be an American, but...... when I read about all the special rights that non-citizens are afforded that we citizens do not qualify for, it makes me wonder! And if the potential "amnesty bill" by Obama is passed, illegal’s will instantly become "legal" and their rights and privileges will sky rocket!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULHHJ62TLG8&feature=related
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:30 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• LOL, that's rich. Like illegals don't vote? Yeah, right. They overwhelmingly voted in the last election, thus our current POTUS. Y'all are so naive.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Oh kids!
    No. Because illegals are persecuted.
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 9:31 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• "Oh kids! No. Because illegals are persecuted."

LOL!! NOT if the amnesty bill is passed!!

CHECK IT OUT.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULHHJ62TLG8&feature=related

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:35 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• ugh
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 9:37 AM on Apr. 16, 2010