i feel like i'm never going to see my husband

i've been a stay at home mom since i had my daughter, she just turned 4. since shes starting preschool this year i plan on getting a part time job to work the hours she will be there so i can contribute a little. the thing is when i get a job it will be in the mornings, and my husband will be working nights, and i feel like when that happens i wont ever see him. anyone else in a situation like this? how to you make time to see your spouse when one one of you works mornings and the other works nights?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• when you both have days off, make that time about family. doesnt matter how much time you guys have together, its the quality of it. :-)
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 9:05 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I do not work because I enjoy seeing my hubby. It is very important to spend time together.

I would not work. I would only volunteer part time at the school.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:00 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• op- when i get a job i plan on trying to be off on the days he is off if i can.

to the second reply- if we didn't need the money i would continue to stay at home, but my husband was demoted a few months ago and is making a lot less money, so he needs me to help out.
    Anonymous

• Op -- I work 8-5 Mon-Fri and go to school part time. My hubby goes to school 8am to 8:45pm and then works 6p to 6am on the weekends. So we make the most of our time on Mondays and wednesdays and then I wake up and visit with him in the am before he goes to sleep. It really sucks and i miss him alot but it works out okay.
    Annette4797

Answer by Annette4797 at 7:45 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• My DH swings shifts and I worked days before I had children. On the days he worked nights I never saw him. But he had 1/2 the month off (not in a row). So we did get to see each other on those days. Just make the time you get to see him count. Once you get settled it won't be as bad as you think. Holidays, extended weekends and vacations will be around faster than you think. GL
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 3:16 PM on Apr. 17, 2010