What do you think of younger kids having tv's in their room?

Just wondering everyones thoughts. I was against it but then put one in my daughters room so she could watch Elmo or Barney while playing, She NEVER just sits and watches it or it wouldn't be on. Then at night we only allow her to listen to her music on her dvd player because she likes the light the tv gives off. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't agree with TV's in the kids room. But my house is very small and it seems senseless here.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:57 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I think whatever works for you! Before I had my twins, we had a TV put on the wall in their nursery.. It was used as a night lite but with cartoons on at night. They loved it and when they woke up, they'd typically lay there and watch it for a litle while before crying so it helped mommy too. lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• me personally, it won't be happening in my house

my 4 1/2 year old doesn't even know how to turn the tv on!
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:59 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Not a fan. We do have a second tv for the kids to watch their cartoons, play video games or watch movies, but it's not in a bedroom. And the computer is in a public area too.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 9:02 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I'm against it- my son would never leave his room!! Each family is different, so whatever works for you....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Against it.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 9:13 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• My boys have a Tv in thier room. Dh set a timer to cut off. They have no access to the remote so it stays on the channel I choose. I understand other moms point of view on not wanting thier kids to watch Tv. It works for me and if the way you run your house works for you, awesome :)
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 9:15 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• ALL 4 it :) My daughter cant sleep in the dark...Drs said a night light..I had bought 6 in the past 2 years and nothing worked.So when my baby was born in Jan I put a tv in her room.She sleeps from 9-10am now with no interruptions.My dr said its just comforting to her.My dad cant sleep without the TV either but his volume must be LOUD.If it turns off he has a panic attack :/ ..He even tried those noise maker clocks.BUT it has to be talking voices.My daughter just likes the light..andI have never been happier and she has never been more rested..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• tv's are fine its the one with 5-6 year olds with their one game systems ds's psp's ect. or kids under 13 walking around with cell phones and laptops.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 9:21 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• whoops i meant their own game not one
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 9:22 AM on Apr. 16, 2010