AHH! She is taking over my life !

- I got pregnant, a week later, she announced she was pregnant.

- I got a tattoo, she said she likes it and is thinking of getting one too

- we buy a house, they buy a house

- and then today i was telling her how we are going on vacation this summer, and of course she says they are going on vacation this summer too !

how can i tell her to get a life of her own !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• um, you are annoyed by someone buying a house and going on summer vacation??
    sounds like you need to get a life and grow up
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Hey, all those things are not exclusively yours to do you know!

Answer by older at 9:58 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I really doubt she is "taking over your life"

- if she told you a week later that she was pregnant, that means she was already pregnant when you said you were ( you cannot find out your pregnant within 1 week of becoming pregnant) ....therefore not copying you

- hundreds of thousands of people have tattoos. Honestly I have told many friends that I like their tattoo and I want one like it, but yet I probably would never get one, I was just saying it to be nice - maybe she was too.

- unless she has mental problems I doubt someone will make a lifetime change that big as buying a house, just because you did. its a buyers market right now....when we got our first house, 3 of my friends also got one....

- EVERYONE
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 9:58 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• goes on vacation in the summer ( got cut off)
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 9:59 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Got to agree with Glamo. Not everything is about you;)
    kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 10:01 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I get what your saying...I have a friend who is ALWAYS in competition with me for some reason.I thought about putting my child in daycare so i could get out during the day and so she could interact and she did the same thing.Then i decided not to do it and SO DID SHE.I wanted a car..so did she..she got the car to test drive and i decided i wanted another car..she went and bought that exact car i wanted lol.I painted my daughters room..within ours she was painting her sons.I got a new phone..she went and bought none...She got a cat and i didnt get a cat..she got 3 dogs and i didnt get dogs..She asked WHY i didnt get animals lol..i didnt want them..yuuck.Strange friendship...
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:18 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• You know what they say 'imitation is the best form of flattery.'
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 10:48 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• imitation is the best form of flattery.' i say this all the time to.....because my best friend even though i love her ...has to do everything i do and buy everything i do(for dd)for her child ! sometimes i dont even tell her things because i know she will copy .....as soon as i said i was doing something for dds b=day she done it (for her child)because i was talking bout it ! we were planning to go to gulf shores and she decided they were to and she went before us so it makes us look like we copied her its pisses me off i just wish she could think for herself! we got pregnant around the same time , bought houses around them same time, etc .....i love her she's great but it just makes me frustrated so i complelty understand u !
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 11:22 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I guess it would depend on who it is doing this---is it a co-worker, friend, sil/family member.... and to what extreme-- is their new house on your block, are they planning to vacation at the same place as you... Maybe the person is jealous of you and the good things going on in your life, maybe she wants to be like you or have a good life like you and is trying to copy you to get it.... Maybe she is doing it for attention.
    If it is someone you are not close to then I would just not be as friendly with her and not share so many things with her. If it is a family member or close friend you may want to talk to her and ask her about why she feels like she has to copy you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Don't let it bother you, look at is as cool that she thinks your life is cool enough to want it for herself.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 11:38 AM on Apr. 16, 2010