O my, next thing you know FOX will ACTUALLY be news, thoughts?

Fox News has pulled Sean Hannity from his starring role in a tea party rally just one week after Rupert Murdoch said the network should not be supporting the tea party movement.

Hannity was set to broadcast Thursday night from a tea party rally in Cincinnati, but was rushing back to New York Thursday evening after network executives learned of the plan and said it was unacceptable.

"Fox News never agreed to allow the Cincinnati Tea Party organizers to use Sean Hannity's television program to profit from broadcasting his show from the event," Bill Shine, the network's executive vice president of programming, told the Los Angeles Times. "When senior executives in New York were made aware of this, we changed our plans for tonight's show."

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 10:25 AM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh my goodness.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:44 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Fox is REAL news. They are the only ones out there actually reporting truth about the the Tea Party Rallies. That being said, as a news station, they should only attend them to report, not participate. I'm glad Hannity was stopped.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 10:48 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I dont know Sweet....Is MSNBC capable of covering the news with people like Olberman and Maddow on their roster?? Hannity isnt NEWS he is a COMMENTATOR. Why do some of you get so confused by that?

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:27 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• It was OK to broadcast from the rally's last year, when they weren't as well-known, but now it is wrong to do that? And why was Fox just learning about this on Thursday? He had been saying for the last few weeks that he was going to be broadcasting from Cincy on Tax Day. Someone isn't on the ball there. He's been broadcasting live from various cities for the last 2 weeks, promoting his book. I really don't see any difference between promoting a book, or a tea party rally.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 11:30 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• My thoughts are Fox made the right professional call. The Cincinnati Tea Party made a snafu and charged $5.00/person for the event AFTER Sean Hannity agreed to attend. They didn't know disclose admittance fee to Fox due to a communication error and Fox did the RIGHT thing. I know this because I am active in the Cincy Tea Party and it was a matter of we have grown too big for our britches and event organizers did not appropriately communicate with Fox News. So Fox did what was right.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:31 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Good point momof, he is just a commentator. I don't know why anyone expects news from a commentator.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:32 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• imo~It's easier for sweet to lump commentators with news in a pathetic attemtp to prove her own point and satisfy her liberal agenda...  Breaking down the facts and the differences between commentators and news reporters is a mute point to her... jmo :oP

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:37 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Thanks, grly. I did wonder how the Tea Party was profiting off of Sean. That changes the whole picture! In this case, I do agree with Fox. That is not what the Tea Party is about!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:18 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

IDK, honestly my fav show on MSNBC is Morning Joe. I have watched Olberman, just not regularly. I think this was more about the FOX network endorsing a political cause, not just Hannity. Last week Murdoch did an interview and was put on the spot when a college kid asked him about supporting a certain political side..he didnt have an answer about having them advertised on his show but said he will look into it. I applaud them if they are going to make it non-partisan....same would go for Olberman

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:52 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

No one asked for your opinion of me, and see my previous answer. This is about the NETWORK not just Sean Hannity. Your baseless assumptions are wrong as usual

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:54 PM on Apr. 16, 2010