Can I share my talk with God? How has Jesus helped you?

I see all of nature as God's gifts. I understand he talks to us in many ways. Recently we had a few financial issues. Kitchen floor started to crack, washer machine broke, dishwasher stopped draining, and my car broke.

I broke down and prayed. What was left. My husband found a guy who knows about washer machines and fixed it for 20 bucks, we found out we have one more month on the warranty for the dishwasher, and I was offered a few extra hours at work to pay for the repairs needed to my car and redo the floor.

Last night is the first night we slept with the windows opened this years. I woke up to the smell of rain, I went back to sleep for an hour and woke up to birds chirping, I look outside and the trees are starting to bud and the lawns are a great shade of green. I felt a sense of peace. Jesus is looking over us and helping in every way He can.

gbaby01

Asked by gbaby01 at 10:26 AM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would like to add, the small praises I see from other Christians about God and Jesus really do help me understand the mysteries of his work. I may not be able to answer every one of the questions but enjoy reading. Many of us read in silent between changing diapers, drinking coffee and making a mad dash out the door hoping to be only 10 minutes late instead of the usual 15.
    gbaby01

Answer by gbaby01 at 10:29 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• This is the best post I have seen in a long time... so refreshing to read while i wait for my 13 yr old son to get himself out of bed to get to school this morning.
    I am thankful for the Sunshine and the warm day this will be! one of my favorite passages is this.. I will post it in three versions, they are all so powerful... and refreshing.
    Song of Solomon 2:10-12 (New King James Version)

10 My beloved spoke, and said to me:

“ Rise up, my love, my fair one,
    And come away.
    11 For lo, the winter is past,
    The rain is over and gone.
    12 The flowers appear on the earth;
    The time of singing has come,
    And the voice of the turtledove
    Is heard in our land.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:26 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• God doe's answer prayer, in proportion to our faith. If it's a need that is no based on greed or laziness the only question I think he would have is the timing. Only God can see the big picture and what would happen if a prayer is answered at the wrong time or even at all. One thing is for sure, strong faith is always rewarded, we just need to trust him and accept his terms
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 11:26 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Song of Solomon 2:10-12 (New American Standard Bible)

10"My beloved responded and said to me,
    'Arise, my darling, my beautiful one,
    And come along.
    11'For behold, the winter is past,
    The rain is over and gone.
    12'The flowers have already appeared in the land;
    The time has arrived for pruning the vines,
    And the voice of the turtledove has been heard in our land.
    Shaneagle777

• Song of Solomon 2:10-12 (The Message)

10-14 Get up, my dear friend,
    fair and beautiful lover—come to me!
    Look around you: Winter is over;
    the winter rains are over, gone!
    Spring flowers are in blossom all over.
    The whole world's a choir—and singing!
    Spring warblers are filling the forest
    with sweet arpeggios.
    Lilacs are exuberantly purple and perfumed,
    and cherry trees fragrant with blossoms.
    Oh, get up, dear friend,
    my fair and beautiful lover—come to me!
    Come, my shy and modest dove—
    leave your seclusion, come out in the open.
    Let me see your face,
    let me hear your voice.
    For your voice is soothing
    and your face is ravishing.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:27 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I am Jewish so obviously I don't see that Jesus has helped me but I have had MANY prayers answered by God and I always know when they are answered.

My most recent and profound answer from God came this past Jan.. My 22yo son is a drug addict and he turned 22 on 1/8. That day we all called to wish him a happy birthday and when his 18yo brother called him he said "What'd you do today" which for most of us would have prompted an answer about what we did for our birthday up to that point. My son, however, gave his brother a long list of the drugs he'd done that day and when I told him about the conversation later he said he didn't even remember speaking to his brother, he was so high. It hit us all hard, we knew it was bad but we didn't know just how dark it was. I prayed, I prayed for God to either take my son so he wouldn't hurt anymore or to save him. The next day a warrant was issued for him & less than 12 hours later he
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 12:11 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• was arrested and he is now in jail waiting to go in to a drug rehab program. He's saf, we don't have to worry about him dying of a drug OD or someone killing him because he stole from them. He's not using drugs and he's got plenty of time to think about where he wants his life to go. He knows that God is there for him, that God plucked him up off the streets and kept him alive. I am here to tell you that if my son had spent these past 3 months on the streets....he WOULD NOT still be alive. At some point between Jan. and now I would have buried him. So, I do believe God hears us and answers us.

Actually...even when it seems our prayers have not been answered, they have been. God is our Father and like all parents, sometimes they say no. People mistake God saying no as Him not answering our prayers when in fact he did. It just wasn't the answer they were hoping for.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 12:14 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• He saved my marriage.
    He heald my womb. I couldn't have children, but now I have two.
    He covered our finances.
    LisaG777

Answer by LisaG777 at 1:16 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• And HOW do you KNOW that all of this was Jesus exactly??? Life is a mixture of good luck and bad luck. Jesus certainly has an easy job. He sits back on his duff and takes credit for everytime a christian's luck changes. Jesus helping would be that none of these things happened in the FIRST place. You did what you had to in order to get thru it. It wasn't Jesus, it was you.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 4:46 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• because I got the joy joy joy down in my heart! It wasn't me it was the glory of GOD!
    gbaby01

Answer by gbaby01 at 10:23 PM on Apr. 16, 2010