Any one else have a "blood pocket" around the placenta? and if so, any major complications from it?

At about fourteen weeks I started bleeding heavily and went immediately to the doctor. They did a brief ultra sound just to see the baby and then blew it off saying it would go away in a few days. It lasted three weeks which they again thought was no big deal. Well, I am now 22 weeks and they just got my ultra sound back from a week ago and noticed there was a blood pocket around the placenta. I also complained to my doctor of having abdomen pain and he just said it was probably ligament pain or it could be from the pocket. He also said he wasn't worried about it and to just take things easy. If I start bleeding again, to call them ASAP.

Has anyone else had this happen? I'm a little in the dark here of what to expect.

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 10:28 AM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had something similar, but it was much earlier. I had an ultrasound at 9 weeks and they found a pocket of blood between the uterus and placenta, and earlier in the week I'd had some light bleeding. Because it was pretty small they just put me on "light" activity (no sex, no lifting, generally just take it real easy), and put me in for another ultrasound in one week. By that ultrasound it had healed and I am now almost 22 weeks with no other complications. It was very scary though, especially since I'd lost my last pregnancy at 9 weeks as well. I hope everything turns out ok for you- just follow the Dr's advice and try your best to relax (trust me I know that's easier said than done), but stress isn't going to do you any favors. Best of luck to you, stay strong!
    Sandie0819

Answer by Sandie0819 at 10:58 AM on Apr. 16, 2010