Whos wrong here?

Im a single mom of two so my kids are always around i hardly have time to hang out and have a good time. So on my 22 bday this year i decided i was going to have a good time and have friends over and drink a bit. My kids were not there. i sent them to their grandparents. They go to their grandparents every weekend anyway (bc i work nights). My brother called the next day to tell me happy bday and i told him what i did. (keep in mind i partied with him on my 21 when my kids were at home). He started to tell me i shouldnt have done that bc i have kids. I told him the kids were fine they were at their grandparents. Needless to say the phone call ended. Next thing i know i get a call from HIS FRIEND. telling me he planned on called DSS and proving me unfit bc i had one night of fun.... so am i wrong for having a night of fun without kids. or is he wrong for calling dss?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• he is a judgemental ass. you did nothing wrong. you sent kids to grandma and grandpas aand I bet they had a blast! what you do on your own time(as long as it isnt illegal) is your business and dss is going to tell your bro to screw himself. seriously if thats the best he can do, they will tell him to get a life. even if they come talk to you, tell the truth! mopst are moms too and again, your kids were someplace having fun. dont let one judgemental ass make ya feel bad sweetie, even if he is your bro. speaking of him, I would call him and let him know until he apologizes hugely to stay away from you and your kids. HE is the bad influence here, not you. happy late bday hon! blow it off, you are a GREAT mom!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:49 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• he was wrong. You weren't doing anything illegal, and your kids were NOT around when you did it. I don't really condone drinking, but you were a responsible parent sending them to thier grandparents and not having them around when you had fun (LEGAL FUN!)
    They over reacted and needless to say, I wouldn't be calling them again to tell them what i've been up to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• sorry-had to add this-cuz he reaally made me mad lol....is he perfect? does he ever leave the house to go have drinks with friends? business dinners and drinks? I cant stand when one bad comment makes a good mom feel horrible. its a double standard, men can run around and moms are supposed to be tied to the home? NOT.
    dont let anyone make you feel bad like that mama. you KNOW what you give and give up for those beautiful miracles-no one can take that truth from you.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:52 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• What an idiot. There are some people (I see them on this very site) who honestly think that once you have kids, you can't have one drop of alcohol or do anything fun. That is ridiculous and a recipe for a total nervous breakdown! It is those people who serioulsy go insane once they have kids, because they deprive themselves of everything. IT is important for mothers to have their own friends and let loose once in a while. I bet you he doesn't even have kids! Those are the most judgmental ones.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 10:53 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• He's way in the wrong. And nothing is going to happen to you. Your children were safe and well cared for. You are entitled to live a little. He is wasting DSS precious time. They are children in real danger.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I know the kids were not around but I am not saying you cannot have a life....but why party at all?This wouldn't ever have been a worry if you wouldn't have wanted to get trashed for you bday ya know? You need to set a good example to your kids...drinking is a horrible thing! I mean its great to get out and have fun! You could have had a party involving your kids without alcohol. I just think women are having kids to young and are missing out on there youth....so thats why you felt the need to get out and "party" for your birthday! I guess the guy has something against you*shrugs* but do not worry you'll be okay!They'll take his complaint and prob not look into it unless he is persistent.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Oh for crying out loud!  Sorry but these guys are idiots.  You did absolutely NOTHING WRONG!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:23 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• HE WAS WRONG!!! The kids were safe with the grandparents.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:45 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I have read some of these answers & I wanna know why ppl have to be bitches then go anonymous? You were fine having fun on your b'day, kids are great at grandparents, so what if you choose to go out while they were there. So if you would've came home & went to bed while they were gone would've been aproprate? Whatever. If your brother does call, it will be shut down as quick as it took him to actually make the call. If your children weren't in harms way then there is NOTHING you were doing to be 'unfit'
    And this twit up above a couple spaces that says you could've had a party with your kids.... wow! Let that be why she went & hid who she was!
    twindelight

Answer by twindelight at 11:55 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Well, were you doing anything illegal? I have a feeling that might be the case. Most people know that drinking in your own home is not at all illegal at all, EVEN if your kids are home. Your kids were not home. So, what did you do that was illegal. Cocaine, or did you just smoke pot or something?

I would have told that guy to f*ck off & mind his own business. I make time to party when my child is at her dads every other weekend. I see nothing wrong with that. I'm a wonderful mother & provide for my child everything she needs. When she is not home, i will take the oppurtunity to have fun & yeah...*GASP* drink alcohol.....

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:59 PM on Apr. 16, 2010