Potty Training: Where do I start?

My son is 2 yrs 4 months, and I think we are ready to start working on potty training. He is doing things like letting us know as soon as his diaper is dirty that he wants to be changed, and last week even took his diaper off during his nap because he had pooped (GROSS btw!). He is pretty verbal now as well. I am currently 22 weeks pregnant with #2, so I really want to make some progress on this before the baby comes, but I'm just not sure how to start. Esp moms of boys, what worked for you and where do I begin?

Sandie0819

Asked by Sandie0819 at 11:17 AM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It sounds like he's ready to go! Here's the method that we followed. Our girls were a little younger, but they did really well with it. I know it works for a lot of people. http://www.cafemom.com/group/562/forums/read/4235060/3_Day_Potty_Training_Post
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 12:33 PM on Apr. 16, 2010