How do I get him to help?

There are some things i already find myself not being able to do, because I get nauseous. How can I get my boyfriend to do these for me without sounding so needy? For Ex: our fridge has something in it that REALLY stinks. He doesn't seem to notice this, but every time i get something out of the fridge it makes me sick... I need it out of there, but the smell gets me every time. Also cleaning the toilet...

happymom2be941

Asked by happymom2be941 at 11:26 AM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Good luck, even though I asked my husband to help me everyday with the smelly things in life he would still forget or be a brat about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Have you flat out asked him? Men don't take hints well. You need to say what you mean.
    Anonymous

• When you find out, please let me know=[
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 11:30 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Good Luck, Hon. Women have been trying to get men to help more for centuries! LOL!!

You need to just tell him. Men need direction.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 11:30 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Put a close pin on your nose & get it outta there!!!!!!!If you wait for him your going to have to throw out your fridge from mold!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• True. Seriously, my dh acts like if I don't do it all, I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ...lazy. He gets all wiered if his clean socks are sitting in a hamper and not in his drawers...Or if he gets home and dinner isn't on the table cause it's needs 10 more minutes... I'd love to swap places with him. There ought to be show where spouses switch roles for two weeks...I'd get on that show, and watch him squirm...heh heh heh.
    LisaG777

Answer by LisaG777 at 11:38 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• These are things that you discuss before living together. At this point, you need to sit down with a neutral third party, like a couples counselor or clergy person

Answer by rkoloms at 11:48 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• You could try notes on the fridge. Something that might work is telling him that you can't do certain things now and since he won't you are going to hire someone to come in and clean the house. He may do what needs to be done if he thinks he has to pay or someone will be in his home.

If he isn't helping now, he isn't husband/live in partner material. You may want to leave or kick him out now before things get worse.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:50 AM on Apr. 16, 2010