burning, almost stabbing, pain on upper belly, under right breast

this is my 2nd pregnancy and i'm 30 weeks.

i had pretty bad rib pain w/ my first pregnancy from around 35-39 weeks. i started having that around 25 weeks this time but it went away but starting yesterday, i now have this burning, almost stabbing, nagging feeling under my right breast on my belly. it is tender to the touch but firm pressure helps.

i don't *think* it's gall bladder because it's all day and night no matter what/whether i've eaten.

my blood pressure is normal (110/69). my feet are quite swollen but my hands and face are not.

everything else is "normal"

i was able to find others talking about it here (http://ehealthforum.com/health/topic43381.html) but wondered if i could get any other insight/opinions

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• At first I was thinking gall bladder but it tends to almost hurt worse when you touch it. I have a hiatal hernia and that sounds like what you might be experiencing because it lasts for a few days at a time and definitely feels a little better when I push on it
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:31 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• i have the same pain on my left side (my post is above yours actually) and i have no clue what it could be, but just wanted to let you know your not alone and i totally feel your pain... And if your is anywhere near as painfull as mine, then im totally sorry. It sucks.
    Keaton_Hazel

Answer by Keaton_Hazel at 11:41 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• thanks keaton, i just replied to you too. how funny that we both were asking at the same time

i don't think my pain is as bad as yours but it's definitely not fun! i really hope this doesn't last the next 8-12 weeks! :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Hi, Just go to your Doctor and ask for a regular sonogram to check you for gallstones. I actually think that is what it is. I had it and It became worse as the pregnancy went along. I would wake up every night and stay up for hours in pain and I thought it was just gas. I had my gallbladder removed after my son was born and I cannot believe how much better I feel. The Doctor told me that I most likely had gallstones before I was pregnant but the pregnancy makes the symptoms worse. Best wishes & Good luck
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:30 PM on Apr. 16, 2010