I have a personal question about my son's private area.

I'm a little embarrassed so I haven't asked my son's pediatrician. But I'm concerned because I have three boys and my last one is ten months old. Well his penis doesn't look right to me. It looks like a button and really doesn't have any length to it. Not like my other sons'. None of the doctors he's seen have said anything about it. Should I be concerned? I'm not trying to be perverted or superficial I'm legitimately concerned that there's something wrong with it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Does it still look like a button when he gets an erection? If not then I would talk to the dr about it. It's not embarrassing it's a legitimate concern, you don't want him to be laughed at by girls when he's older.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Just ask the doctor. You have had 3 boys, so you know what a penis should look like? LOL. Go with your gut. There's nothing superficial about it. Nothing to be embarrassed about. Better to do it now than wait until he's older and understands what you are asking to doctor.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 11:34 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Was it circumcised? Sometimes the skin grows back over it and may need to be pulled back again. I would point it out to the doctor and double check, though it is on their list of things to look at during well-baby visits. If something is wrong and they didn't notice, I'd be changing doctors.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 1:03 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Not all pee pee's are created equal. My two boys are also different down there. They were both circumcised. The same dr did both of their circumcisions so Im guessing that their pee pees are different. I like HisoryMama's answer and it seems reasonable.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 1:57 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• my second son is like this.... let me put it bluntly since i don't feel like thinking up the pc terms for it lol. are his balls usually down in the scrotum where they belong? with my second son, he is 2yo and his balls still are up above the scrotum most of the time.not inside the body, but up where the penis is. that makes his penis look really short. if the balls do drop down into the scrotum (on rare occasions) then his penis looks normal length. the dr. said it's nothing to be concerned about until he's older (like 4 i think he said). i'm pretty sure that it sounds like your son has the same problem

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 2:49 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• theres nothing to be embarassed about! i would ask the doc if u are concerned, thats what they are there for!
    bri_0110

Answer by bri_0110 at 5:58 PM on Apr. 16, 2010