Horrible pain in upper left side of my belly/ribs

the pain is so uncomfertable. Its kinda right under my left boob/top of belly/on my ribs. I cant describe what it feels like other then a knife stabing pain. Its not the baby i dont think cause its a non stop pain and shes always moving, it doesnt stop the pain even if she completly switches sides. Any ideas? Fyi im 33wks.

Keaton_Hazel

Asked by Keaton_Hazel at 11:29 AM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You are far along it could be the baby pushing up. But it could be gas as well. call your doctor they may want to see you and check you out. If you can't walk or it is taking your breath away that isn't good so it would be best to be seen. GOOd Luck and hopefully that helped a little.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 11:36 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• i'm the anon that asked a question right before you. some of the people on the forum i was reading described like you so i thought you might want to read too

http://ehealthforum.com/health/topic43381.html

gl!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• lol anon... Its funny u posted on mine as i was posting on yours. Made me laugh.
    Keaton_Hazel

Answer by Keaton_Hazel at 11:44 AM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Hi, I had a similar pain when I was pregnant with my Son. It turned out to be my Gallbladder. I had Gallstones. The Doctor said I probably had this prior to getting pregnant but often the pregnancy makes it worse. I dealt with the pain and after my son was born, a few months later I had it removed. Not a big deal and now I feel great. I can say that the pain I had during the pregnancy was REALLY BAD and it would come and go, mostly after I ate! So I feel for you. Talk to your Doctor at your next appointment. They do a regular sonogram to see if you have gallstones. Anyway I hope you feel better soon. :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:16 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Gallstones?!? Oh no.... I will defft make sure i ask my doctor on monday when i go back!!
    Keaton_Hazel

Answer by Keaton_Hazel at 2:17 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I think w/ gall bladder it would be on the right side though... but not sure. def ask your dr just in case :)
    Anonymous

• Hi! My Gallbladder pain was exactly the same. Under my left boob and in the back too. Everyone said no, gallbladder is on the lower right. Well not mine :( But as I said before, if you can deal with the pain during the pregnancy like I did, then just take care of it after. Also, I have talked to other girls about the pain, and we all agree that childbirth (not natural of course) was less painful than the gallbladder attacks. So that's a positive!! Fell better soon!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:51 PM on Apr. 16, 2010