Ideas for my baby's 1st birthday?!

Alright, so my baby is not even 7 months old yet but I'm soooo excited about throwing her a birthday party for her 1st birthday!

I know she will only be 1 and won't remember it but I want to make it big-ish and I want her to really enjoy herself. She's my little princess :)

Anyway...
I have no clue what to do for it!

I want to have it at a park nearby and that's about all I know so far. There's a playground there, tons of swings, slides and seesaws for the kids. There are plenty of tables with coverings, kind of like little shelters. There's a grill too.

What I want is some ideas for cute themes for a one year old girl, games and activities I could do for the kids and what kind of food should I have? This is just an opinion based question.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I know how you feel....I bought invitations for my daughter's first birthday when she was about three months old! They were so adorable, and I knew they would not be there when her birthday came around (they looked like little purses).

For my daughter's birthday, I did a tea party theme. Originally, I was going to do a full-out Mad Hatter Tea Party, but I decided to simplify. I baked a butterfly cake (baked a two-layer round cake, cut it in half, and turned the pieces around to resemble wings), and served light things like sherbert, lemonade, sliced fruit with dips, and cheese cubes (tea sandwiches would have been a good addition too). The invitations were white, spring green, and light pink, so those were the colors I used for decorations.
    The best advice that I can give for a first birthday is to KEEP IT SIMPLE. Spending loads on decorations and such for someone who won't remember it will seem silly afterwards.
    KarmicChild

Answer by KarmicChild at 12:03 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• We did hot dogs and hamburgers for our son's first birthday. I also made this cute clothes line thing. I hung up some of my favorite baby outfits from each stage with pictures of him wearing them. Family and friends loved it because it was all the clothes that they had given him and they got to see him in the outfits. I strung it along the porch, but you could put it anywhere in the park. I also made a "1st year movie" with all the first moments of his life starting with his arrival in the hospital and going on to everything that happened the rest of the year all set to music. It was so much fun to put together!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:05 PM on Apr. 16, 2010