Cloth Diapers for potty training?

Would that be a better idea...then to go straight to undies?I have been trying for 6 months with NO success and too many accidents :/ So would it be better to do that? UGH..im so stressed..My daughter is 3 and does NOT care is she is wet or anything..and I am so tired it...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Apr. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• If you look at Walmart they have these awesome beginner undies that have extra cloth in the crotch area for accidents. I use them on my son for his potty training.
    Anonymous

• Try the Gerber training pants. They are shaped like underwear, but made out of material more similar to cloth diapers, so if there's an accident, it's not quite as messy as with regular underwear. Its a bit more absorbent, but the child WILL feel the wetness.
    Anonymous

• Yeah. The cloth diaper is a great idea because they child will feel icky when she pees on it. But if you had tried it for 6 months and still she keeps on doing the same thing then she might just not be ready for it. Better get her some pull ups disposables for now. Some kids are not quite ready. It depends on their developmental milestones. My eldest child had a longer time getting potty trained while the youngest one basically potty trained herself. She only wears undies before the age of 2. The eldest was still wearing night diapers while my youngest already goes to the potty at night on her own. So you see each child is different. Eventually they learn. Don't get stressed. If she is 8 and she still wets the bed then it's something to be concerned about. At night, don't give them water before bedtime so that she does not pee on the bed and make sure to have disposable diaper pull ups at night.
    LavenderRose10

Answer by LavenderRose10 at 2:52 PM on Apr. 16, 2010