Does anyone else find friends too much work?

To coordinate schedules, pick an activity, actually do things and have fun. I just feel like it's too much work and I don't really want to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• Sometimes I do! My friends will say "We need to meet for lunch." So I say ok where? They say IDK. I say ok what time? They say IDK. SO I pick the time and place, then they say that doesn't work for them! I'd rather stay at home with the kiddies.
    Anonymous

• I find it hard to find a good friend. I had this one so called new friend decide that it would be OK for her to slap my son on his forehead and it left a bruise needless to say she got what was coming to her for that. haven't had anything else to do with her since.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I have found that my children drama is much more entertaining than adult drama. If I wanted to deal with a bunch of whiny women I would just stay home and listen to my five year old son! Atleast I get hugs and kisses out of it!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 12:16 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Yes! I tend to meet women who have too much drama in their lives, constantly want my advice and are way too needy! I have enough on my plate with out adding all that extra stress. So, I choose to remain friendless at this point and time. Though I do have my best friend Albert who lives in another state. He is awesome and the best friend a woman could ask for. I feel extremely lucky to have him in my life & he gives me a great perspective into the male mind! LOL...
    bookworm65

Answer by bookworm65 at 12:52 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• OH YES! I have a large group of friends that i married into...LOL! DH has known most of them for over twenty years. And over the years folks got married & had kids...adding to the group. We try to go camping or go to concerrts and all meet up together...BUT IT GETS RIDICULOUS!!!! It seems like the older they get, the harder it is to please them all. And forget trying to meet up...SOMEONE is always causing drama about something.

Yes, it is work. But i think it's worth it. love them all & enjoy spending time with all of them.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:53 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• no..i have two really close girlfriends, and they're the only ones i keep in touch with..it's never too hard for us to get together, or anything like..we rely on each other and lean on each other alot, so it's never any trouble to pick and coordinate or anything like that.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 1:01 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• YES! YES! YES! Friendships are very hard to maintain. One of my oldest friends is single & while I adore her she doesn't understand that I can't just pick up and go anytime I want to. Than she seems to get mad if I can't get together with her. Another good friend of mine is recently divorced and just wants to go out and "party" all the time. I miss just getting together and talking or seeing a movie or just going out for dinner. And the DRAMA is just way TOO MUCH!! Would rather hang out with men : )
    Callie140

Answer by Callie140 at 4:53 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Yeah, what is the deal with friends and the whole wanting to be in your life thing?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Apr. 17, 2010