I,m stuck on this one.... The Butt Fetish!

Ok here I go. I have a 3 year old son who is starting this new fad of putting his finger in his butt.. and I mean up in his butt. I have told him many times that we don't put fingers in our butts but that doesn't seem to work. then I caught him trying to put a toy key up there one day and another day it was one of his little toy cars.
I need to know if this is normal for small children to go through this or what? I also need some ideas on how to get him to stop this butt fetish he has now.
Thank You for your time.

mother_crow82

Asked by mother_crow82 at 11:58 AM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Maybe his ped. Could give you some advise. Call him and explain what's going on and maybe he's heard of something similar and has some tips on getting to stop. GL
    momluvsmiles

Answer by momluvsmiles at 12:17 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• yikes! where would he have learned that from tho?
    Anonymous

• Honestly, I would smack his hands (not HARD but enough to let him know) everytime he puts his hand NEAR his butt. I have never heard of this and definately don't recommend just ignoring it. does he go to daycare or away from you at any part of the day where someone might be doing similar things like that?
    Anonymous

• I have no idea where he has adopted this from and I'm a stay at home mom so i know he hasn't learned this from other children in a daycare.
    mother_crow82

Answer by mother_crow82 at 12:03 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• ask him where you learned to do this? dont alarm him or anything just ask if he seen anyone do this before..ya never know.
    Anonymous

• maybe his bum is itchy??
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:07 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I asked him if he has seen anyone do that to there butt before and he said no.
    as for it being itchy i doubt that is the case cause he usually has the finger up there to his knuckle thats would be a deep itch if it were one.
    mother_crow82

Answer by mother_crow82 at 12:09 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• You need to talk to the doctor about this. I knew a guy whos little girl got caught putting one of those big chalks up her fufu at daycare or school. I can't remember if she learned it from seeing her aunt masterbate, or if she was molested....not saying that that is whats going on with your son. I remember when I found a hole in my fufu, and that is more then likely what it is with him. But I don't know why he'd try to put stuff up there. I've known of kids putting things up there nose. Sorry....but I can't think of anyway to get him to stop. But the doctor might know of a way to get him out of it
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 12:33 PM on Apr. 16, 2010