Somalia's al-Shabab bans 'Christian' school bells ~ Is this where you want America to go?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8623240.stm

Please READ the article first then comment, don't just look at the title and comment ... :-) you will see why.

What is going on in Somalia sickens me yet one of the rising religions in America is Islam. I realize this is the militia but there are scary radicals in every religion in the past and in the present.
Islam is being pushed as well as Christianity whether people want to admit it or not. There is an agenda... the Devil has one and always has and the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob has a plan and always has to redeem His people not destroy them. The devil's plan is to destroy God's people and thats what the Islam radicals / militia are doing.
Is this something you want for our country, your life? I imagine most everyone will say no. What do you think can be done to stop it besides intercession by Christians all over?

Shaneagle777

Asked by Shaneagle777 at 12:02 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:02 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• This has nothing to do with our country, and it is very unlikely that a civilized nation like ours will get there.

What do you expect from a place where they do this: They have also carried out amputations and lashings for theft and stonings for adultery.

Answer by older at 12:21 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Religion should NEVER be pushed no matter which one it is. I will not say it is the devils work I do not give him that much credit. Evil is the work og the mindless pure and simple. No I will not allow it in my life. As for What can stop it I will assume you are only speaking of radicals, and that would be for every one to fight against it. Don't let the radicals to push you down and make you roll over. If it is the religion in general they have the right. No I have not read the article I will later I am to tired now. However I don't think the Christians have the right to intercede in any religion if that is what you are referring.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:26 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Pushing religion is MANS agenda. It a way to control through fear and violence. One more reason I think religion needs to be erased from the face of the planet- one less thing for humans to use for their own self satisfying agendas.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:34 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Separating Church from State is the solution. It strips religion of it's power.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 12:44 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Most countries other than America.... started out good... but changed later on... America is still so young.

hot mama.. read the article FIRST.... :-) I did ask that there is a reason why so we know what we are actually answering!

Christians have every right to intercede and pray... Jesus taught us to do so... every follower of God in the bible prayed ... :-) God gave US that gift. However that was not in the article :-)

Satan uses man to push religion but God instructs us(Christians) to facilitate a relationship with Him. again that was not in the article.

Older: Just about every country out there was young and vibrant and free and civilized once!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:27 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I know its only school bells but the bells are probably only the beginning of control that the radicals will place upon the citizens. Ya know? Its just the tip of the ice berg for what is yet to come.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 1:28 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• shane, Older: Just about every country out there was young and vibrant and free and civilized once!

You need to brush up on your history!

Instead of looking at the oppression of religion how about caring at the atrocities being done, and care more about human rights.

Answer by older at 1:44 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Swiss ban on Minarets and Call to Prayer

Michigan town bans Call to Prayer

The Michigan fight went on for years, the mosque finally won.  It's not the only place that's had the same fight. But is that where YOU want America to go?

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:16 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• The issue here is political first, in that, as the article points out, Somalia has not had a functioning government for over a decade. What they have instead is a void of power that has been filled by power-hungry and violent individuals. I don't think the primary issue is Muslims oppressing Christians, I think the primary issue is totalitarianism where the powerful are able to do anything they wish to the powerless without impunity. As the saying goes, absolute power corrupts absolutely. And there have certainly been circumstances where other ideologies (religious or not) have been used to justify equally horrendous treamtment of anyone deemed 'different.'
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 2:21 PM on Apr. 16, 2010