It seems to be a shorter list of things I CAN do while preg.

I'm 19 and a half weeks preg. And a way I like to relieve stress is take a nice ride out on a bike (motorcycle) and enjoy a sunny day. So here I am getting ready to go and relize I don't have any shoes with me (I'm out at my mom's 45 mins from my stuff) just flip flops. So I ask me mom to borrow her's, she flips and says i can't go riding while preg. and has me call my doc. They say they can't tell me what to do that it's my call. Now I don't know what to do. I'm like I'm pregnant not dead! Ahhh! Anyone have any suggestions?

BAR427

Asked by BAR427 at 12:17 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i have a Kawasaki ninja 1000 and i was told not to go for a ride after 12wks pregnant. its was really hard for me bc i love my bike....i know this might not be the answer your looking for but, its not safe to do that...your pregnant now you have to think of the baby first...
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 12:25 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Follow your instincts. If your instincts are telling you that you'd be fine to ride and that your balance is good, I say go for the ride. Just make sure you don't take any chances like sharp turns or going really fast.
    AmberBrat

Answer by AmberBrat at 12:21 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Don't. Your balance isn't the same when you are not pregnant. IMO, motorcycles are done once you become pregnant, and until your children are out of the house.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 12:22 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Your balance IS changing, and though you may not notice it right now, you could have problems with riding. It sucks, but it's better than crashing because you're not used to your center of balance any more and losing your baby.
    Anonymous

• As PP said your balance is not the same as it normally is. You could lean too hard when you're turning or not balance your weight the right way in a turn and lay your bike over.

I personally would not take the risk. I mean normally if the bike jumps and comes out from under you then you fall over, maybe get some bruises and go on with your day but now you could REALLY hurt your baby and possible lose your baby.

If you land on your stomach your abs aren't going to be hurting your baby could be gone.

Just think about it.
    Anonymous

• Thanks everyone. I thought about it, and decided... maybe it's not the best decision. I think i just get aggravated because everyone's like you can't do this or that or this or that just because I'm preg. I'm like I'm preg not dead ppl, I'm fine. BUT considering if I did get into a crash right now it wouldn't be just hurting me, now i have to worry about the helpless baby inside of me as well. As much as I don't like it, I've decided... to not ride while preg. *sigh*. Better to have a healthy baby than one with problems that I caused, def. would hate myself for life if I caused death to my unborn child. Thanks everyone!!! :)
    BAR427

Answer by BAR427 at 12:42 PM on Apr. 16, 2010