A tattoo that represents a struggle.... Help !!

My husband and I have been through HELL since the day we got married. I've had several miscarriages.. We lost our son due to extreme birth defects. We foreclosed on a house and now live in a small apartment. We are both driving crummy cars with crummy jobs and now things are finally starting to look up. He got a new job and so did I and we are making a decent amount of money. Getting ready to buy our second house. Both of us are getting new cars next month. Paying cash for both of them and we've talked about adopting. I wanted to get a tattoo that kind of represents that we've gone through hell and now are finally getting back on our feet if that makes sense. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I was going to suggest a phoenix as well since it symbolizes a rebirth/renewal. Another rebirthing symbol is the butterfly.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 12:48 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I agree with the above posters. Choose something more representative of rebirth and starting anew, instead of just a struggle.

By the way, kudos to you guys for getting back on your feet and working together!
    KarmicChild

Answer by KarmicChild at 12:58 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Did you know that if you are technical and pay attention to physics, a bee should never ever be able to fly, but it defies all odds and flies anyway. Google it. I think they are amazing little creatures.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:10 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I got a butterfly with ripped and torn wings. Been through hell, tattered and torn. But still beautiful and can still fly. =)
    Malibustacy

Answer by Malibustacy at 4:29 AM on Apr. 17, 2010