intelligender test??

i'm 10 wks and 3 days pregnant and i'm far enough along to take an intelligender test. I had never heard of this with our first born and we had no clue until I got my 20 wk ultrasound as to what he was. But people have been telling me about this gender test I can buy. Its around 82 percent accurate but its rather pricely for what it is.

anyone take it and it was actually right??

Super09Mom

Asked by Super09Mom at 12:22 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's actually only 50% accurate. It just managed to be right for some people. Seriously, it's just a waste of money, it really is. It's a scam. If you read reviews from real people on sites like Amazon.com, you'll see just how inaccurate they are. I know it sucks to hear, but just wait until your 20 week appointment and get your ultrasound. The waiting sucks, but it's WAY more accurate.
    Anonymous

• As PP said it's only 50% accurate. There was a big news story about this a while back. The company has had a lot of issues with being sued in the past because the guy who started the company kept telling parents that if the test wasn't right than the baby must have changed genders in the womb.

It's a COMPLETE waiste of money if you're expecting it to be accurate. If you want to do it just for fun then go for it but don't put to much stalk in the results.

This test is like on the top of the SCAM List.
    Anonymous

• You can boil red cabbage and pee in the water-- it's like $2 for the cabbage. Not sure how right it is. But $2 for silliness is okay. Google the color indication.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 1:26 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• http://www.ehow.com/how_5134590_perform-gender-test-during-pregnancy.html
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 1:36 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I herd its only 50% accurate as well. Which seriously doesnt seem worth taking. You might as well just take a geuss and be just as accurate lol
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 3:23 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• You could take it just for fun and see if it was accurate for you
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 3:25 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I posted a question about this a few weeks ago, and decided I would rather spend that money on things we need, lol. It didn't seem worth it after reading others reviews about it.

And I don't know how advanced your OB/GYN's equipment is, but most people are finding out the gender of their baby at about 15-16 weeks now. ;) So you may not have to wait very long!!! I'm 13 weeks now, and I have an appointment at 15 weeks, so I'm hoping to find out the gender then, and thankfully my Dr. has advanced equipment. ;)
    Goodluck and Congrats momma!
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 4:07 PM on Apr. 16, 2010