What kind of parent let's their 13/14 year old daughter stay at friends houses on weekends and school vacations?

I know a girl who's never home because she is always at a friends house all weekend long. I don't understand how a parent would allow this, to me its kind of trashy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• well its really up to the parents and the friends parents. I was never home because i was always at a friends house and traveling with my friends families. When i was home my friends were with me or traveling with me. But i was home all during the week and didnt see my friends outside of school (to many after school activities.) Its healthy to spend time with friends and not be home with your families all the times. As long as all the parents agree its fine. But its all a matter of opinion.
    wife_mother1790

Answer by wife_mother1790 at 12:27 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• When I was that age a bunch of my friends would always be at each others houses for a couple days at a time! We'd all stay at one person's house for one weekend, anothers the next! Our parents didn't mind at all! I don't see why anyone would call it trashy. We had a great time! We're still all friends and our parents are still friends.
    Anonymous

• Good for you, what do you want a medal? They suck and you are the mom of the year. Seriously, get over yourself.
    Anonymous

• You seem like the trashy one to me for worrying so much about other people's kids instead of your own.
    Anonymous

• When my teens were that age many off their friends were allowed to go to their friends homes for entire weekends and during the summer many of them would stay with friends for a week or more at a time. We actually had a friend of my older 2 children who would stay here as often as possible. During the school year that was often Fri. and Sat. and during the summer that was often for a week or two at a time. Generally they were the kids who came from crappy homes and their parents were more than happy to have them gone and the kids were thrilled to get away from their home life for awhile and be soemwehere where things were "normal". So, to answer your question, it usually the parents who don't care, they see it as free time away from their kids. My kids were allowed to spend the night somewhere ONCE A MONTH when they were that age and only 1 night at a time.
    Anonymous

• My 14 y/o son is never home and always at his friends houses all weekend.

We are not trashy and he is fine.

May I ask how this directly affects you?

I want to see you homebound overprotected kid in a few years....that ought to be fun. You will be on here asking why she doesn't come home and what to do about her being pregnant so early.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:40 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Kids also spend the night all weekend at my house...kids just have fun doing that. It has nothing to do with home situations.

Really ANON? One night a month? Helicopter moms really need a life.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:43 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• when i was that age i stayed at one house in particular, not all weekends, but for many of them. kids like to be with their friends.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:44 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• When I was a tween I had several best friends and we were often at each others houses all weekend and would switch on and off during vacations. Not a big deal as long as they're not getting in trouble.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 12:44 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• that's what kids do!!!!
    Anonymous