How do you dispose of your child's disposable diaper?

If the solid waste isn't mooshy I dump it and flush it, then tightly wrap it and seal it with the velcro tabs, then put it in a plastic bag, tie it off and then the trash. If it's mooshy I don't dump but follow the other steps. Wet diapers I just seal up with the tabs and toss.

I'm talking about this with a friend and she says I'm going through too many steps. She just closes the diaper and tosses it no matter what (but she uses one of those diaper genies).

What do you do?

benjamink

Asked by benjamink at 12:30 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I save all my grocery bags and use them to dispose of the diapers, even the pee ones. If I don' t the trash can starts to smell like pee.
    Anonymous

• If its a poopy then i close it with the velcro tabs and tie it in a walmart sack and throw it in the trash and it its pee it just gets closed and in the trash.
    momluvsmiles

Answer by momluvsmiles at 12:36 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Throw it in the trash
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 12:38 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I close it with the velcro tabs and throw it in a trash bin outside in our backyard.
    Anonymous

• You are doing the right thing by flushing the poo. It is better for the environment to flush it, instead of putting it in the landfill. Everything else is personal preference. We used a diaper champ, so we just put them in there after we wrapped them up and sealed with the velcro. I don't think it is a good idea to use MORE plastic by wrapping them up. I would get a diaper pail (like the diaper champ) or throw your diapers in an outdoor, covered garbage can.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 12:40 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I take care of my grandson every other day. He is 18 mo and breastfed and his poop is still mooshy. I think he saves all his poop up for when he comes to grandma's house. I lay him on a plastic bag on my bed, wear disposable gloves, clean him with warm wet paper towels, dry with a paper towel, pull the whole mess out from under him while, take off gloves and wrap up all messy stuff in the bag, fasten clean diaper, then put eveything in another plastic grocery bag, tie, and put outside. Next trip out I put it in trash can. I do it like you would do a medical pocedure.

Sometimes he looks at me like, "What are you doing Grandma?"

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:42 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I do exactly the same as you.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:51 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Gailll LOL That is so funny!!!.I used to kinda do the same thing when my mom made me change my sister.rubber gloves and a mask.Along with Air freshener and a bag.My sister always stayed put because i guess she thought i was fun to watch :/ Now with my own 2 children I have become a poop pro lol.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 12:52 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I used to close them up with the tabs and put them in the bathroom trash can. Of course, this meant that the bathroom trash filled up much quicker than usual, which got irritating.
    I lucked out this past summer though, by responding to a CafeMom message for one of their product focus groups that they have for the companies that advertise here. Arm&Hammer and Munchkin had gotten together and made a diaper pail, and I was sent a free one! I used it for two weeks, told them what I liked and disliked about it, and I got to keep it! FOR FREE! The lid has a bowl with baking soda in it, and everytime you close it, a little bit leaks out to kill the odor. The bags that you put in it have a plastic ring around the top that locks, so you can just put it in your outdoor trash can when it's full. The only issue I have with it is that the door on the front is not at all childproof. Good for bathrooms; not so much for nurseries.
    KarmicChild

Answer by KarmicChild at 12:54 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Answered at 12:34 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 by: Anonymous
    I save all my grocery bags and use them to dispose of the diapers, even the pee ones. If I don' t the trash can starts to smell like pee.

***I do this****
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 12:55 PM on Apr. 16, 2010