I can't sleep at night and suggestions???

I can't sleep at night. I have never had any problems with my pillows before and for some reason I keep waking up since I was about 5 wks pregnant. Since about 5 wks I have been waking up with really bad shoulder pain and I'm 8 wks now it was so bad when I woke up this morning at one that I was almost in tears. I can't get any sleep. I'm either nauseous during the night with the horrible shoulder pain or I have to pee. I know I can't help the peeing part but I NEED SLEEP and I can't during the day cause I have my 5 yr old daughter running around. I try during nap time but that's normally when I clean. I stay so nauseous during the day that I just lay down and try to choke down ginger ale but that's now starting to churn my stomach. I don't know what to do. I need sleep!!! Is this normal I didn't have these problems with my daughter.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Tylenol PM.
    Benadryl. My midwife recommended the Benadryl. She also offered a scrip for Ambien, but I won't take those kinds of meds.
    Anonymous

• I'm not pg, but I play Guild Wars. lol
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 1:08 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I am going through this right now too. It sucks. It is impossible to rest during the day too. I hope it will soon get better. One thing that has helped my nausea is bananas. If you eat one in the morning and in between meals it really reduces the feeling. Oh and drinking Gatorade helps too bc of the potassium in it. I don't know about taking sleeping pills. You may need to ask your doctor about that. I haven't seen mine yet so I am not sure how to get a full night sleep yet. Having to get up to pee is annoying and I have such awful leg cramps that I squirm all night. I hope that those things help you at least with the nausea. :-)

IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 2:32 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• When I was pregnant my doctor told me to take Tylenol PM or Benedryl. I usually just took 2 benedryl. Yes you can take Ambien. I took it more toward the end. It won't hurt the baby. But always ask your doctor first. Also, Wal-Mart sales these pillows that are shapped like a C, much like a baby boppy pillow, but much bigger. For adults. It's wonderful during all trimesters, esp. the 3rd one. It provides you the usual head support a regular pillow provides, plus it fits between your legs, and support for your back, all in one. If you go to Walmart.com type in the following...... Hudson Science of Sleep Body Wrap Pillow.
    bskelly

Answer by bskelly at 4:52 PM on Apr. 16, 2010