Do some people take parenting to the extreme??

My BFF and I got pregnant within two months of each other. So this is the first summer that our babies are here with us. Anyways, we went bathing suit shopping and she was looking at 1 pieces. I assumed it was because she had stretch marks or felt fat.. NO. she had no stretch marks BUT felt like since she was a mom, that she should show NO skin. THEN we went on to buy new shorts and capris. She wouldn't buy shorts because "moms don't wear these things" and only bought jeans and 1 pair of capris. When I asked her what was up.. She said she was going to be the best mom and not look like a hoochie. I was like. wtf ever! Anyways, so she's deleting her facebook and myspace because she' says she's a mom now and those things are beneath her. I'm totally losing my best friend over this because she's turned crazy! What do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• That's the kind of person that will drive herself crazy within the first year. My oldest daughter was sort of like that when she had her first child. It is now seven years later and she has changed her mind and realizes that even though she is a mom, she is still a woman. I don't think a mom, or any woman for that matter, should dress like a hoochie, but there's nothing wrong with shorts and bikinis (hell I'm 48 and still look good in a bikini!). Yeah, she's a little over reacting, but it's her life. She will figure it out.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 1:23 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I wouldn't put too much stock into it...if she's your friend, you'll respect her decision to dress the way she wants to or whatever the other issues she has, since becoming a new mother....Once reality sets in for her and she realizes that she's putting too much on being a mother, she'll change and you'll still have your friend...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 1:27 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I like the way she's taking motherhood seriously. I wish others would.
    Anonymous

• I don't see anything wrong with what she's doing. If she feels that some of those things aren't very "motherly" then why do you care? Why does it matter to you if she wears capris instead of shorts? Or if she doesn't have a facebook? If you were her REAL friend, you would realize that everyone takes becoming a mother differently, and at least she hasn't gone the other way and is going out every night wearing see-through pants with a thong, and a bra for a shirt, posting half naked pictures on her facebook and talking to 40 different guys. You'd be on here complaining about that I'm sure.
    Anonymous

• It's admirable that she wants to be the best mom possible, but she is making it sound like moms who DO wear shorts and use FB are hookers willing to sell their kids for a quick fix! Since this is her first child, some extreme behavior from her is expected. My friends and I were just talking about this. How with our first kids, everything had to be perfect, clothes coordinated and their hair perfectly combed. After awhile, you kinda chill out and don't sweat the small stuff. Maybe you two can take a break from each other for awhile if she is making you feel guilty or you feel like she is judging you. Then if she brings it down a little, you can start hanging out again. Sometimes friends drift apart because they have different ways of parenting. Sad but true!
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry, but even though you're a mom, you're stll a woman and if you're a hot woman wouldn't you want to flaunt that? Respectably of course. I mean, don't go wearing daisy dukes and shit, but wear something to show your hot little body off. I know I will once I lose all the baby fat. Just cause your a mom that doesn't mean you're no longer a woman either.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 2:01 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Answered at 1:42 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 by: Anonymous
    I like the way she's taking motherhood seriously. I wish others would.

******************

Oh please.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 2:50 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Some who become Mother's still have that mentality of being a kid yet, she grew-up, she wants to be taken seriously. Maybe the way she dressed before-looked like a hoochie. maybe her 'husband" don't want her like that anymore. Her deleting the FB,Myspace pages,are good, she's a mother now, no time for that,it more for a kid( whatever she had on her pages). I think maybe you 2 look at things different,on 2 different levels-so I would stay away for a while, she might want you as a friend again/ or not. Seems you 2 don't think alike anymore,she wants more mature friends
    Anonymous

• lol, she'll cool down eventually just give her time
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 4:25 PM on Apr. 16, 2010