OK..........are premade mashed potato's really necessary?

You can add a servings worth of Instant mashed potato's to a bowl, add water and microwave them just the same and get even better results. How far is too far? Have we really gotten so programed that we don't know when we are being taken advantage of?

GMMOLLY

Asked by GMMOLLY at 1:22 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Entertainment

• I lost hope in humanity the day they aired the commercial for the "hands-free" toothpaste dispenser and the gist of the commercial was that squeezing your own toothpaste was just so HARD *wah*.
    Yup. That's it. Species self-destruct.
    emhain

Answer by emhain at 3:34 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• What are you even talking about???
    Anonymous

• you know I read this post a few times---thought I understood...but I don't
    Anonymous

• Granted instant is basically the same, & can be made more to your own liking, premade is a convenience factor. In the time it takes me to measure out, mix, & then microwave instant I could have already finished heating up premade. I think most people just take advantage of the simplicity of it & use it even when they would normally have time to make instant (or even from scratch) but it really is helpful when you're in a big hurry - especially if you're making other stuff simultaniously.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 1:32 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• LOL...... Not ranting I just see so many people buy premade Items like mashed potato's and wondered what the thought's were out there. Myself, everything is homemade and I do OK thank you
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 2:00 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• are you talking about the boiled and peeled potatoes you put in the microwave and then you put in the butter and milk? to me that sounds just as hard as doing it from the beginning.... i don't even peel the potatoes, just scrub them and cut them up before i boil them. so i don't see the point either. but on the other hand instant potatoes are gross lol so i don't agree with you there
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 2:05 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I don't use instant or buy premade.......and BTW..... I keep the peels too. I just thought it would be an interesting topic. Money is so tight and you hear people complaining at work about costs and there they sit with a bowl of premade mashed potato's costing about 2.35 for 3 ounces. seems ludicras to me.
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 2:12 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• necessary no... convenient yes.

I make homemade most of the time, but I am home if I worked I would totally make the packaged stuff
    EternalDreams

Answer by EternalDreams at 3:07 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• lol, okay. I get what you are saying. I had to read it a few times. The only time we buy the box of instant potatoes is to use it for thickening up homemade potato soup. And yeah, I've seen those frozen packaged one-two serving premade mashed potatoes. They do ask wayyyy to much for that. Wish I would have invented it, cause whoever did, is making some money,lol.
    I just always make extra mashed potatoes for dinner and put the rest in the fridge and reheat them for lunch the next day. Matter of fact, thats what I did last night,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:44 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Homemade mashed potatoes are so easy to make why bother with Instant ???
    IndigoRose

Answer by IndigoRose at 3:45 PM on Apr. 16, 2010