T.M.I

Hey Ladies. So I've been extremely itchy down there lately. I don't think it's an STD because I've been with the same man for almost 7 years and I have been too the doctor since then and had a baby. But I did a yeast infection kit and the itch is still there. Anyone have any advice. I'll go to the doc in a week or so if i don't have an answer its just embarassing to go to the doctor for something like this you know?
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Health

• Have you changed soaps or any other products you use? Maybe something is irritating you?
    pam

Answer by pam at 1:24 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Yeah my skin sometimes gets itchy from detergent
    Anonymous

• Have you changed your type of underwear lately? If you haven't already, try 100% cotton (it's more breathable & less of an irritant). Also, if it's not a yeast infection, but has the same feel as one, it might be vaginitus (sp?). It is similar, but a different type of bacteria. If you can, try to get in to see your OB to ask about it.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 1:29 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• If I don't go see the doctor theres not chance if it is an infection that it would affect us havings kids would it cuz we are ttc.
    Anonymous

• Well there could be a number of bacterias & irritations it could be. Most of which would not affect your chances of conceiving. HOWEVER, for the best chance at a healthy conception, pregnancy, & baby it would be best to see your OB prior to conceiving anyway. I think a visit would be very benificial.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 1:44 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Sometimes the otc yeast infection meds arent enough, you may need a prescribed one.
    Anonymous