is this bad??

I was eating like a cow when I first got pregnant. Now I'm 9 wks since I was 6 wks pregnant I have been sick, sick ,sick. I gained weight about 5 pounds and now since I've been so sick I can still manage to keep some food down but I feel like I have lost weight the main time I can keep it down is at night. On top of that I'm sooooo tired could that be cause I have been so sick and not sleeping really good at night or is that just pregnancy?? I didn't feel any of this with my first pregnancy. My sickness only lasted for about 2 wks and it only came in spells after that but this won't go away. Is it okay that I have lost some weight and feel really weak??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The weak thing is prob just from loosing so many nutrients from all the throwing up. But yes it completely normal to loose a lot of weight, especially at first. With my DD whos now 3 1/2. I lost 15 lbs at the begining and then gained 20 later on. Shes completely happy and healthy.
    Nessasmomma

Answer by Nessasmomma at 1:39 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• welcome to pregnancy!! everyone is different,so are pregnancies. go to your doctor, but rest as much as you can! congrats!!
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 1:40 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I had a friend that threw up everyday for her first 5 months of pregnancy. She lost 20lbs. She had a healthy 7 lb baby boy. Your body will find a way to get that baby nutrients even if you can't keep your food down. You probably feel weak because your body is taking from you and giving it to the baby.
    Anonymous