why is it that.... (rant)

when you adopt a child, everyone always says and thinks that they need a name that shows where their from ( like a chinese child should have a chinese, or atleast an asian name) ........ but what about everyone born in the USA....There are a ton of asian, latin, and african kids whose name is Katie or Sarah, or Michael.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have no idea that is a very good question. I guess so they remember there heritage. But it's your child so you can name it whatever you want.
    Nessasmomma

Answer by Nessasmomma at 1:36 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Interesting. I'm half Italian and my name is Lauren. Makes no sense.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:38 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Who says that about adopted kids? The adopted kids we have known have had American names.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:52 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• i think it's just up to the parents..... maybe they think that is something important for the kid
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 2:18 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Gaill - for over the last year everytime I bring up that we are adopting from another country and say the name we are planning on using, almost everyone I talk to ( not meaning everyone, and i am sure we dont know the same ones) .... do this...
    Anonymous