How can i get her to realize her husband is trying to control her !

My friend and I use to have sooo much fun together! She married a douche bag like 2 years ago and ever since, the fun times that we have get fewer and fewer and I know it is becuase he is keeping her from going out and having fun. She keeps trying to tell me its because she is a mom now and wants to stay home and she has more fun being home with him and the baby -- but I also have kids and a long term boyfriend, and I still can go out alot.....I miss her and I know it is because he wont let her go out !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• maybe she just grew up ( and you didnt) ...

spending time with your family ( especially when your a new mommy) can be ALOT more fun than going out all the time.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 2:15 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Maybe she genuinely wants to stay home with him
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:16 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I am a grown woman, thank you very much.
    Anonymous

• trust me hun. she has to realize it for herself and if you keep saying that to her all it's gonna do is drive a wedge between the two of you and then you will lose her as a friend. i would say that maybe you could change how you guys hang out together.... maybe playdates instead of clubbing would be more appropriate now

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 2:17 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Just because she wants to stay home with her husband and baby doesnt mean he is controlling her....I mean, is there anything else that is happening to make you think that? Or is just because she wont go party with you?

and real grown ups dont call people douche bags
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 2:18 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Grown woman and being an adult are 2 different things.

Like the rest said, maybe she does want to stay at home and even though she CAN go out, she chooses NOT to go out. I would not want to go out with a friend that bad mouths my husband either
    Anonymous

• Thanks princessbeth, and NO thanks glamomomo

well we cant really hang out other times, I work and then I have my time, and I like to go out for my time... my boyfriend is the one who takes the kids on playdates and stuff...it would be too weird for me to do it...
    Anonymous

• "my boyfriend is the one who takes the kids on playdates and stuff...it would be too weird for me to do it... "

Then it sounds like to me that you need to grow up and BE a mom cause this is something that wouldn't weird-out a mom.

Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:23 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Uh, no...it would be wierd for my kids... my boyfriend is the one who does those things with them...then all of a sudden i started taking them instead

and honestly I do not like parks or being around alot of other kids...that is just me.

and honey and am a damn good mom
    Anonymous

• How do you know it's him keeping her from going out? My SO has no problem with me going out with my friends but sometimes, ESPECIALLY when my kids were just born, I would rather stay home. Even now that they are older, I still would rather hang out at home with them and my SO. On the rare occasion I go to the club, I'm thinking to myself, Damn I could be at home holding my babies. Maybe you need to find some friends who are more like you, would rather go out then spend time with their kids.
    Anonymous