How can I make my house feel more open and clean?

My house is spotless, but it still feels stuffy and closed in and depressing. I have all the blinds open too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Home & Garden

• You could update it with some light or bright cheerful colors. Fresh paint and a vase of happy flowers might do the trick.
    Anonymous

• Don't just turn them open, but lift them up too and open the windows. Open windows is the best way to air out a house.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:50 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• i would suggest waiting until all of this pollen is gone and then open the windows to air out the house.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 2:51 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• mine is that way too. .i have the curtains and blinds fully open. House spotless. every thing is red black and tan we can't paint because we are in an apartment. It just feels.. like you said basically stuffy and depressing.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 2:58 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Get rid of some stuff, and rearrange the furniture so that you have some longer views. As for what to get rid of, that's up to you. But packed shelves don't make a room look open and airy.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:10 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I recently reaaranged our furniture and moved out some pieces that we don't use often to make it more open.I've been putting fresh flowers on a couple vases in the house, keeping the blinds open, windows too when its nice out,I took down the heavey curtains and just put up pretty white lace valences over the blinds and. I took all the winter throw carpets up and put away. Its made a big difference...now to go work on the upstairs...lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:19 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• open the windows and the door kick the kids out the house and have your husband take out the trash then shut the doors and lock them get a tazer in case they try to crawl through the windows. will feel less stuffy cause the bull shit the husband produces will then be outside and the kids wont be able to dirty the house.
    Anonymous

• Try new curtains. What do you have up right now?
    You might also try washing the screens & windows. Clean windows do let in more light.
    mrsderekjeter

Answer by mrsderekjeter at 12:13 PM on Apr. 20, 2010