Information

I really don't want to join, but I have a grand-daughter who is 17, had a baby in May 2009. She married the father, but they aren't getting along and she is away from him. He says he doesn't want to be miserable. She is emotionally upset and has a lot of issues even growing up. I would love for her to connect with other young mother, but thought this was a group she could meet with. BUT, I think this would also help her. So, there aren't local groups that meet together in our near vicinity. Our whole family truly love her, but she is struggling and doesn't want all this ADULT advice and is somewhat immature . She knows we are there for her but is very overwhelmed. I will try to connect her with you, but just wondered if there were actually groups around our location that she could actually face-to-face interact with her baby (Boy). Thank you. - Bre's Gramma

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• On CM there are groups specifically for young and/or teen moms. And there are groups for geographically local moms too.

But some of the fun of CM is joining groups based on your (her) interests and getting to know new people. I have met- in person- 5 moms from CM that I would not have met if I had stuck to moms only in my region. I am a member of a very close-knit group on here and there are about 15 moms of ALL ages planning a great big meet-up in June.

I would encourage her to join, look around, try to join some groups and get to know a few other moms. I'm sure she'll find a great group.

But DO warn her that there definitely are some "better-than-you" types on here and at some point or another they will most likely be rude or offend her. Happens to everyone. That's why the small groups are so great- youget to know and respect everyone.

Good luck (from a former teen mom!)
    emhain

Answer by emhain at 3:23 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• You can search for a teen mom group here and you can go to the MOMS tab above and put in your zip code to find other CM moms in your area.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:37 PM on Apr. 16, 2010