help my son is eating his crib!!!

my 10 month old has just recently started gnawing on his crib and I'm talking about literally taking chunks out of it!! I have no idea what to do to stop him from doing this anyone got any idea?!?!

kcangel3303

Asked by kcangel3303 at 3:25 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter did this too. At Babies R Us they have things that go over the railing of the crib to prevent this kind of thing..

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3372841

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?sr=1&f=Taxonomy%2FTRUS%2F2255957&kw=crib+rail+cover&origkw=crib+rail+cover&kwCatId=&view=all

Hopefully that helps.
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 3:55 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• don't they have something now that you can put on top of that part of the crib
    shanda0914

Answer by shanda0914 at 3:30 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I saw at Ikea last year, this plastic teething thing to put on the rail.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 3:31 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• its not just the top rail its the side rails too I have no idea how he is doing it but he is munching away at it and it worries me that he might get a splinter in his gums or something.
    kcangel3303

Answer by kcangel3303 at 3:35 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• get that baby a teething ring. lol sounds like my son he had the worst habit of trying to teethe on our shoes got to the point we had to keep them on a table in a box just so he wouldn't get his grubby little hands on em. don't they have this stuff that they dip kids fingers in when they chew on there nails i would try putting that on the rails. worth the shot.
    mother_crow82

Answer by mother_crow82 at 3:41 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• lol he has tons of teething rings no interest in them
    kcangel3303

Answer by kcangel3303 at 3:48 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• My son did it. He had a ridge he created along the end of the crib. There was nothing to stop him back then. LOL I just waited for him to stop teething.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:17 PM on Apr. 16, 2010