Would you let your teen have sleepovers or sleep over someones house on school nights?

prettybaby1

Asked by prettybaby1 at 3:57 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I don't allow sleep overs at any age.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 3:57 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Nope!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:58 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• When my kids were teens we had all the sleep overs at my house, didn't trust anyone, but they were never on school nights!

Answer by older at 3:58 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• My kids are far from teens, so I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. However, my parents never let me have a sleep over, or sleep over a friends on a school night, but they let my little brother (16yrs) have people sleep over on school nights as long as they go to bed at a decent time and get up for school.
    Anonymous

• That would depend on what my teen is like, what her friend and the friend's parents are like, and why she is staying over.
    Anonymous

• i sometimes had 1 friend come over on a school night. my mom treated her like family and her family treated me the same. we knew the rules of each others house and respected each others parents. we would help each other with homework and then do girl stuff. we knew we had to be in bed at a certain time and go to school the next day.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:14 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Not on a school night. They got plenty of time for that on the weekend. I like to know my kids got homework done, had dinner and are in bed by their bed time. I also, think that maybe something else may be going on and I don't need the drama.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 4:22 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Nope.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 4:25 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• No - that's for weekends only.

Answer by missanc at 4:38 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I don't see a problem with it as long as you know the parents and know they are going to make the kids get to bed at a decent hour, stay in, get up, and get to school, and of course depending on grades, attitude, etc.
    bskelly

Answer by bskelly at 4:40 PM on Apr. 16, 2010