why do people complain about singers lip-syncing?

( its called lip syncing or lip singing? lol)

anyways/...i always hear about people complaining about it and even some saying they dont like that singer anymore after finding out they did do it ( like at a concert)...I mean why get upset? I would be more upset to hear them not singing very good than to hear the song I actually like and the one I hear ( on the radio) ...especially if they are dancing around on stage and stuff... it would probably sound pretty crappy even if they can in fact sing wonderfully....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Which is why i don't pay to go to concerts where I know they will lip sync! If I wanted to hear a canned version, I would put on a CD and save a few bucks. The only concerts I go to are rock, heavy metal and can you believe it, country! And this is just my opinion but if a singer doesn't sound as good singing live, they aren't worth paying money to see them in concert.
    Anonymous

• Because it's like going to a concert to listen to a CD you already have at home, whats the point?
    If the singer wont even put the effort in to sing their own songs live I'm not going to be paying to see them.
    Anonymous

• Because some people have no talent at all. They can take someone who is really bad at singing and mix it up with computers to make it sound nice. So some of these pop stars are famous for just being a pretty face really. If they had to get up and sing they wouldn't be able to do it. It is a kick in the head to real artists who work their butts off trying to make it.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 4:27 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Ask Milli Vanilli
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:42 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• OP HERE

No i meant you can pretty much already tell who is actually singing and stuff on cds.... I would rather have a good show than to hear a singer panting and breathing hard and stuff into a mic
    Anonymous

• Not me, I would rather pay money to hear a good singer then to see them dance around to a CD.
    Anonymous

• HA HA HA to the Milli Vanilli, but they were singing to someone else's voice. I don't see the big deal to lip synching to your own voice, like pp said, it's too much to sing and dance and still sound decent. The concert is not just the music, but the show as well.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:39 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I would not pay money to hear someone lip sync. That is NOT TALENT. If you cannot sing LIVE, you are not worth the time or money to SEE live imo. I'll just listen on the RADIO.

Anonymous

• I don't go to pop concerts for this reason. I would rather hear the songs how they are supposed to sound live than how they do on the CDs. I have only been to punk, rock and country concerts.
    JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 10:12 PM on Apr. 16, 2010