my marriage is going nowhere. my husband neglets me and acts like if he does'nt need me. when i tell him i want a divorce he says i like to cause problems. but i feel terrible all day and sometimes i just wish i would get my stuff and leave. but i don't work and i don't have anywhere else to go. I just told my husband today that we need help because we are getting to the end of our relationship. He says that i want to much out of a marriage, that i should be happy he does'nt cheat on

do you think i'm stupid for staying or should i just get the divorce ready. everyday i feel depressed specially when he gets home. i know that he won't acknowledge my existance other than for me to serve his food.

Asked by vvivianlove at 1:10 AM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Relationships

• I'd suggest that before you get a divorce you both go to a marriage education class (there's all sorts out there secular, religious, free, expensive. . . may help you find one or just google marriage class) to get a bit of perspective on what marriage can be.

Then, with some more info, you two can step back and decide if this is something that you want to do together or not!

And I'd say do this QUICK before things get worse. Good luck!

Answer by 3boym at 2:07 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• wow were married to the same guy? my dh acted the same way yours does. sadly we split up this past feb. please do something to save your marriage, i tried to. we went to 2 sessions and then for some reason or another we couldnt keep going. i miss my dh so much, but i dont miss his treatment, does that make sense? do you belong to a church? if so maybe the pastor can offer some counseling to you both? i wish i wouldve kept up the counseling between my dh and me, maybe we would still be together. i will pray for you both. i am here if you need/want to talk further. good luck.

Answer by mrschrono at 8:13 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I suggest
    1. counseling on your own and maybe as a couple if he'll go for it
    2. get into what desires you have in life, what makes you tick, things you love doing, or have always wanted to learn/ do

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:00 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I agree that you go to counseling and possibly try finding a job, or take a few classes on line just in case.

Answer by knfisch at 10:56 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I also would suggesst idiviual counseling especially if he refuses to go..I kind of went through the same thing got help for myself. Once he started noticing I was taking care of my own needs he turned around. Now we are BOTH in counseling. it's a long hard road and we still have trouble but to bow out of a marriage without trying something maybe someting you both regret..I also joined a life skill class and that helps me alot.

Answer by fallinsky at 11:06 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• i'm in the same situation and i have 4 children which makes it even worse. i hate living like this. i can't go back and i can't go forward. i feel like i am stuck. but i can't stand my husband anymore. i resent him, hate to be around him...

Answer by yogimom913 at 2:34 PM on Feb. 12, 2009