Are Tattoos Okay?

My son is Autistic and as we all are he is perfect in his imperfection. I want to get a tattoo representing my love for him and my fight as an autism advocate. My mother says is ridiculous. "not for moms"... what do you think?

I want to get something whimsical that reflects his world, incorperating a puzzle that reflects autism awareness and our unique bond and relationship with the puzzle pieces hiding words like , love, Mikey, mysterious, autism, and acceptance. I just need to find an artiest that understands and will make something perfectly unique just like my Mikey.

Perfection1908

Asked by Perfection1908 at 4:26 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• Winston Churchill's mother had a tattoo! :)
    KarmicChild

Answer by KarmicChild at 4:35 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I think that would be great!! There is nothing wrong with tattoos. My mother doesn't like tattoos either, but I have two and going for a 3rd one soon... I'd get one. It's your body and your life!
    PeytonsMom21109

Answer by PeytonsMom21109 at 4:27 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I'm not a fan of tattoos in general, but I think it sounds like a beautiful tribute to your son
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:28 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I love my tattoos. I plan on getting more. Not for moms... Poo on that. I think you can keep them tasteful. And I constantly get compliments on mine when I'm wearing something that you can actually see them in. Even from the older generations.
    Anonymous

• I am getting a tattoo soon to represent my children. I see nothing wrong with it!
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 4:28 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I'm a mom and I have tattoos.
    It in no way effects how good of a mother you are.
    It's your body. If you want a tattoo in honor of your son then get one.

Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 4:31 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I think its a personal choice that isn't impacted by parenthood and a beautiful idea. However I do think there are other ways to pay tribute to your son than just a tattoo. I don't find them inspiring or attractive but at least you're being original. Personally, I would consider how it will look in x years...even rappers have been getting rid of theirs lately I saw!
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 4:35 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Personally, I don't like them. But that is ME. You do what YOU want. My SIL got one for her 35th b-day, and her mom & sisters threw a FIT!!! She was 35!! If that is what YOU want, go for it! It has nothing at all to do with your capability as a mom to your son.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 4:35 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I say get the tattoo and rock it!! Sounds like you know what you want!!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:36 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I think it's an awesome idea! If it's something that is meaningful to you that YOU want, is doesn't matter what other people think or say. It's your life, your body, and your relationship with your child.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:41 PM on Apr. 16, 2010