Would u allow kids who's moms u don't like play w/u'r kids?

Hi, I have meen neighbors I also don't like their kids that much eather b/c they are much much oldre than my kids but we have the funnest back and front yard in the street, I know kids will be kids, but they want to come over w/the excuse that they want to play w/my kids much younger but all they do is play w/my kids toys, swings, treehouse and I edn up babysitting those kids b/c I don't want mine hurt and the other kids hurt, I don't think it's fair for their moms to send them to ask if they can play over when they don't even say hello and don't even say thank you for me allowing the kids in and even prettymuch babysitting them too. Some younger thatn my kids as 2 years old wanting to come in & I don't want it to become a habbit for the kids be here everyday, I don't want to later be sued if in case i miss keeping an eye on one and gets hurt too. WHAT WOULD U DO??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• It sounds like all you are doing is providing free babysitting and your own kids aren't benefitting from the presence of these other children. Next time (and every time from here on out) they come over say I'm sorry, but we can't play today, and send them back home. You don't owe the children or their parents any explaination, either. Your house, your yard, your rules.
    Anonymous

• I would allow the children of mother's I don't like to play with my children, if the kids were nice and my kids liked them. HOWEVER, I will not be a free babysitter for all the kids in the neighborhood. Especially if those kids are only coming to play with my toys and NOT my children. I would have to tell them they cannot play here.
    Anonymous

• It has nothing to do with my liking the MOMS. The free babysitting has got to stop. I would say no.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:53 PM on Apr. 16, 2010