Are you afraid of deep/murky water?

I'm terrified of water when I can't see the bottom. I only swim in swimming pools, I refuse to go into the ocean or a lake. Just think of how many dead people are in the ocean or lakes!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I also only swim in pools. I almost drowned in a lake and have never gone back into natural bodies of water after that. (no it doesn't make sense..shut up. lol)
    Anonymous

• I am ok wading in the ocean. But lakes I can't handle. I like to look at them but I wouldn't swim in them!
    Anonymous

• Yep< i'm afraid of murky water. I won't even stick my toe in it,lol. I was talking about this the other day...about the seas.I don't know how people can go deep sea diving..that water looks so black! I would be freaking out. No way,no how. I would go into a panick if I was just ON the boat in that water. No way.Not for me,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:49 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• i grew up in arkansa, where if the water is murky you dont want to swim in it! there were all kinds of snakes and things in rivers and ponds. we learned to stay away from dirty water, mostly because of polution, and where the weeds grew because snakes and stuff like to hang out there
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:52 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I am. I only paddle around in pools and even then not the deep end because I don't swim well. I hadn't even thought of that last thing until now. Definitely don't want to be in the ocean now!
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:55 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• yeah! leeches in there! shudder!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 4:58 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Yes I am so afraid of lakes and oceans. I do ok in the ocean I just won't get in past my waste. I don't even think about dead people being in there, i'm just afraid of snakes, alligators, sharks, etc.......
    Anonymous

• i dont like to jump into water that i cant see the bottom,but if i start on the shore, i can swim across a lake, ive done it before. it only freaked me out after the fact..lol
    i dont like oceans that much, mostly for my fear of sting rays, sharks, and cutting myself on those pointy little shells.
    swimming pools are lovely, except at night.:P
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 5:46 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I never learned how to swim well (I can swim okay in a pool but its a totally different story in deep dark swooshy water lol. So I don't go anywhere near lakes or the ocean. We'll drive all the way to the beach and never get in! My husbands afraid a jelly fish, shark (insert scary see creature here) will attack him or he'll step on one and my son says that he isn't go in either. lol Thought we were weird for this!
    Anonymous

• I only go in swimming pools. I used to think nothing of playing in the ocean, until I realized all the fish poop, dead fish, etc . . grossy gross disgusting stuff that's in there. I never could get used to lakes.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:36 PM on Apr. 16, 2010