Safe to drink more than 3 cups a day of Red Raspberry Leaf tea?

I've become addicted to that stuff but is it safe to drink more than 3 cups a day? I am 33 wks pregnant.

AlessasMommy1

Asked by AlessasMommy1 at 5:26 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was told not to drink it during pregnancy because it can cause miscarriages or early labor. So I would have to say no, it's not safe. Who knows, though, maybe I was told wrong.
    Anonymous

• this tea actually STREGTHENS the uterus. i havent heard it caused miscarriages..although i *could be wrong.
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 5:47 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• It's one of those "bring on labor" things that doesn't work, just like castor oil. But I'd still drink more water than tea since it's easier for your body to process and right now, you want everything to be as easy for your body as possible.
    Anonymous

• The American Pregnancy Association recommends drinking the tea only during the second and third trimester--after checking with your obstetrician, of course.
    Anonymous

• i drank a pitcher a day for 3 days and went into labor...i personally would not drink more than a glass or two prior to 36 weeks
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 8:04 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• i have heard both, that it is a uterine tonic, and also that it could cause miscarriages. so...who knows?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:22 PM on Apr. 16, 2010