My boyfriend broke up with me=(...Some tips on how to get over him will be greatly appreciated

He told me that he did not see the relationship going anywhere. It was a long distance relationship and he is in the army. I am heartbroken because I genuinely care about him. He claim that I can not handle being in a serious relationship with him in this situation. I believe that we could have worked it out but he didn't think so. He told me that his friendship was still there but if I declined, it would be gone forever. I want to continue being friends with him but I think it's going to be harder for me to get over him this way. Normally when I break up with someone we cut all ties and go our separate ways which helps me get over that person quicker. I just feel so numb now that we are really over. Nothing major happened for him to have broken up with me. We argued but what couple don't have disagreements. He said he didn't like arguing and if we were to stay together, nothing would change.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:03 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• if he says its over, than its over.. dont waste your time on someone who doesnt want to be with you girl! no one deserves to be miserable :( honestly time is the only thing that ever helped me get over someone (probly not what u wanted to hear! sorry!) but have a girls night, dont think about him, have fun! Start a new hobby, something to take your mind off of him :) Im sorry your hurting, things will get better tho :) GL
    bri_0110

Answer by bri_0110 at 6:09 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Move on. He's giving you the brushoff. Bri is right...time is the cure. Live your life and be the brilliant person you can be...and you'll find you're too good for him.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:17 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• omg, my adult dd just went through this with a soldier. I think they feed women that bs just so they are not lonely while deployed. Then when they think the females are getting too close they dump them (wanting to just be friends) so they can find another victim. He's a womanizing jerk that plays women. That should make it easier to get over him
    Anonymous