Does your toddler have imaginary friends too?

Dd is always runnin around the house yelling for someone! There is Ollie, Peter, tim, Derek, and "the guy". Not to mention all these imaginary animals!!! We've apparently got dogs, cats, rabbits and snakes... What a busy household!! What kind of imaginary friends/animals live in your house!??

07lilmama1108

Asked by 07lilmama1108 at 6:05 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• They might be sprits the baby is seeing... kids at their age can see stuff like that... If their imaginary friend is shaggy thats one thing. but if they have real names is another. have the baby explain what they look like. ask her about them. how old r they. There might be more to it!!! u can find out who has died near where u live or in ur home etc
    Anonymous

• she has a few cats and a dog to go with our real dog. not to mention she talks to herself all the time. lol and she likes to talk to the baby in my belly a lot and sing songs to "her". we dont know the gender but she is convincing us its a girl.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:12 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• My toddler's imaginary friend is Shaggy from Scooby Doo. I guess that makes her Scooby. lol
    Anonymous

• Yes, there is John-John & 1 other person I cant remember right now.. She also enjoys lady bugs occasionally & some other animals, but i dont think "we own them" & are not the same time & time again...

Personally. I had an imaginary friend as a kid who happen to have the same name & basic life story as my grandfather that passed away when my dad was 12 .... I never seen a picture of him until i was around age 9 ( long after growing out of seeing him) and knew automatically who he was & felt an odd comfort in seeing the picture. :-)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 7:41 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• wow thats trippy! my son doesnt do any of that. he does however like to tell your everything that happened in the cartoons he watched that morning and can give you almost exact details. sometimes he resits the t.v. show's as they are happening. he also resits books i am starting to teach him to read cause he understands the spelling of words and such sometimes.
    19_klayton

Answer by 19_klayton at 7:54 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• sounds like my dd she even talks to her hands ....everyday its something else ,she even says abracadara (?)cant spell it and changes her stuffed animals into different animals! she talks to a lil girl in the mirror (which is her) lol!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 2:09 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• my yr old had "buddy" buddy was not a good friend I had to ask buddt to leave because JJ would say all these bad things that buddy did. My kids dont watch tv so I dont know where he got it from.

Things "Buddy" has done
    ran from cops
    stole a car
    killed a snake
    killed a cop
    started a fire

stayed at the hotel
    And the best was got drunk off of Root beer and drove to Mc Donalds and had french fries

Like I said my kids didnt watch alot of tv we dont talk about things like that so I dont know where he got it from
    nawnie

Answer by nawnie at 9:15 PM on Apr. 17, 2010

• my daughter did and it also was some cartoon character , I think it was some kind of a monster, his name was" ublie ublie." (not sure about the spelling.) lol.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:26 AM on Apr. 18, 2010