So this is kinda a stupid question about BC pills..

If I have unprotected sex while im taking the placebo pills at the end of the pack will that increase the chance of getting pregnant? (Now I know that birth control pills are never 100% effective, but im just wondering if taking the pills without the drugs in them will increase that chance)

And yes I know that this question is kinda silly if not stupid. I already think I know the answer, but still, doesnt hurt to ask. And please no bashing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Health

• The answer is no. it doesn't increase your chances of getting pregnant.
    Anonymous

• No, you can even skip the entire 7 days of the pacebo pills and not get pregnant. They are basically so that you stay used to taking a pill everyday, thats why they are also called reminder pills.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 6:57 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• No! I never take the placebo pills, my doctor and pharmacist both said they are not necessary it is to remind you to keep taking the pills. I only have placebos for 4 days. I am on Yaz and take full pills for longer--regulates my anxiety and panic attacks much better.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:48 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• No, those pills are there by design. You're still protected the whole month.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:58 PM on Apr. 16, 2010