Can your SO feel your MIRENA?

I just recently got my Mirena and my bf says he can feel it and its hurting him. I have an appt. with my OBGYN at the end of the month and i plan on discussing this with him. BUT im curious, has this happened to you? What did u do?

bri_0110

Asked by bri_0110 at 6:17 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Health

• he said it felt like it was poking him right on the tip. i told my doc and she cut the string things really short. he didnt feel it after that but it made the nurse have to search for it when i got it removed.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:20 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• I had the same problem at first and had it "trimmed" as well. I've had it on for about 7 months no issue.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 6:30 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Eek this is good to know. I am switching to Mirena next month. Maybe i'll have that talk with my doc and do the whole trimming thing ahead of time
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 6:32 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• My hubby got hurt on several occasions. He felt it often for quite awhile. Over time the string will soften and it will not be as stiff and hard. It will soften and be more flexible. I had my string trimmed on three occasions. The last occasion it was trimmed it was as short as it could safely get. It is almost time now to have mine removed...going on 5 years. Hubby will be getting a vasectomy.
    Anonymous

• My husband could feel mine and so could I. My OB/GYN claimed she trimmed the strings as short as she could, yet he and I were getting scratched by it all the time. And that was the LEAST of my problems with the damned thing. Suffered with it for over 8 months and finally got to have it removed. No issues since then. When the lady I went to to have it removed pulled it out, she showed it to me and the strings were like 2in long still! My husband was getting poked way down on the side of his penis when it poked him. Usually it scratched him though.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:25 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• my SO could feel it poke him all the time....i got it trimmed and for the next couple of months he only occassionally felt it and it wasnt that bad...it's been almost a year and he no longer feels it now
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 7:37 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Yes he could feel them.I went and got the"Strings cut and tucked"Its really metal wires(kinda)lol but poor guy :/
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:17 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• not really metal sorry but HARD plastic wires.My dr showed it to me lol eeeew
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:19 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

• Yeah, he can. It's not great he says. I just got it a few weeks ago so when I go in for my checkup next month, I'll see if the doctor can trim those strings.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Apr. 17, 2010