Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you know that chipped nail polish is a breeding ground for bacteria?? You can't get it out by washing your hands, the nail polish has to be removed.

I'm not a germaphobe or anything - I know we all have bacteria everywhere and it can't all be washed off, but this scared me because I always have chipped nail polish and I didn't know I could be carrying around a bunch of bacteria on my hands spreading germs even after i wash my hands!

Answer Question
 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:35 PM on Apr. 16, 2010 in Health

Answers (3)
  • what if you use germ killing antibacterial hand sanitizers? (and pay close intention to your fingernails)
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

  • It's the same amount as what is under your finger nails. This is why people in food service are not allowed nail polish.
    sunshine58103

    Answer by sunshine58103 at 7:06 PM on Apr. 16, 2010

  • I was at the tire center and this older lady noticed my nicely painted nails and then proceeded to tell me that she used to allways have her nails painted and then showed me that she had had to have them removed, because of that. She said you need to let them rest (unpainted) on and off too. I don't know if her experiance was due to the types of polish the had years ago or some other cause, but it has stuck with me and I find myself, less and less often, willing to paint them. anyone else have more facts?
    GMMOLLY

    Answer by GMMOLLY at 12:55 PM on Apr. 19, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN